Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,396 times

Advertisements

So this individual (A) went the yesterday with her girlfriends (one of which being my mother, who I’m close with and I’m still young) for a short weekend vacation. Individual (A) is middle aged, as is my mother. They went on a girls beach house trip for a little less then a week. My mother seemed very happy to see the handful texts and at most 1-2 calls I’ve made while she’s away. We are usually in contact EVERY day and are close. There was a small little issue at my main house; as their was a small incident at my home, me and my dad needed assistance briefly from my mother. So I very politely texted a friend that is with her to call me (since mom didn’t pick up). She finally did. Mom showed NO anger, or displeasure at my call/voice at all. Issue over in a half hour, no big deal. No big deal, only contact mom to say hi a few times since she left.

Individual (A) now texted me to which it read and I woke up to “You need to stop texting her and leave her alone”. She NEVER told my mother she would send that text (at 7:28am) I found it rude to be honest, I kind of know her but not great, and it’s not her business either I think? Presumptuous much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 04:31 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,965,100 times
yo' Mama's friend.
drop it.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:34 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickm5382 View Post
So this individual (A) went the yesterday with her girlfriends (one of which being my mother, who I’m close with and I’m still young) for a short weekend vacation. Individual (A) is middle aged, as is my mother. They went on a girls beach house trip for a little less then a week. My mother seemed very happy to see the handful texts and at most 1-2 calls I’ve made while she’s away. We are usually in contact EVERY day and are close. There was a small little issue at my main house; as their was a small incident at my home, me and my dad needed assistance briefly from my mother. So I very politely texted a friend that is with her to call me (since mom didn’t pick up). She finally did. Mom showed NO anger, or displeasure at my call/voice at all. Issue over in a half hour, no big deal. No big deal, only contact mom to say hi a few times since she left.

Individual (A) now texted me to which it read and I woke up to “You need to stop texting her and leave her alone”. She NEVER told my mother she would send that text (at 7:28am) I found it rude to be honest, I kind of know her but not great, and it’s not her business either I think? Presumptuous much?
Well ... she was direct, that's for sure.

Of course we're getting your side of the story.

Are you male or female? How old are you? Do you live at home? Is this the first time mama's friend has called you out like this? is this typical behavior for her?

You say you're close to your mom and talk every day. Maybe you two talk TOO much? It's not too much to ask for your mom to go out of town without getting dinged by you every day.

Whose house had the incident? Why couldn't your dad handle it himself?

Old 06-09-2019, 05:29 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Incredibly rude, yes. Your mother is an adult; if she wants to be incommunicado with you then she is certainly capable of saying so.

I am the mother of 2 young adults and I would not appreciate a friend telling my child to leave me alone.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:33 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Yeah.....that's a good way to get a nasty reply along the lines of " mind ya damn business."

I'd just tell my mother about it and let her check her friend herself. She was overstepping boundaries. I would tell my friend's children how much they can talk to her. Even if it is in "good faith." Although this is just one side of the story.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:52 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,865,153 times
7:28 you say? I’d go back to watching my tiger video by 7:34 a.m. and text mom for the 5th time on her weekend getaway. 🐅

Old 06-10-2019, 06:35 AM

16,420 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
You should have texted your mom at 7:29 and said "I just received a text from A ordering me to stop texting you and leave you alone. So I thought I'd text you to say good morning! Love you!"

Old 06-10-2019, 08:41 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Why do you keep intruding on your mother's vacation with her friend? Are you that enmeshed and helpless?

You panic and bother someone else if Mom doesn't pick up once. That's pretty immature. If you two are really so "close" why not back off and wait for her to contact YOU?

Old 06-10-2019, 08:45 AM

5,195 posts, read 1,871,726 times
I would say:

"I am adult and vaccinated and will conduct my life respectfully with those who I choose and who are happy to involved in my life also. So kindly keep your big old nose out of it, or you will be very sorry for having been born, you pseudo-gestapo waste of oxygen old bat".

But then I have always been an eccentric, so I don't necessarily advise that this is what you should say.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:06 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,729,352 times
Quote:
There was a small little issue at my main house; as their was a small incident at my home, me and my dad needed assistance briefly from my mother. So I very politely texted a friend that is with her to call me (since mom didn’t pick up).
What were the two little issues at your houses that required your mother's involvement immediately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships