Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2019, 06:22 AM

6,820 posts, read 9,056,827 times

Advertisements

Sounds like OP wants to be around people but not interact with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 04:39 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I can't imagine going out to a club/dancing place and not being at least polite to meeting someone. Being outraged?? Dance at home I guess?
I suggested that as well a few pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Sounds like OP wants to be around people but not interact with them.
These days with all the carnage going on in the US in public places(clubs included), makes you look very odd and suspect.

Nothing wrong with being a loner, you want to be around people but not talk to anyone, go to a library or some other place where you really don't have to interact with others.

But being outraged that someone introduces you to a stranger at a night club...PLEASE...stay home.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:31 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,873,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
These days with all the carnage going on in the US in public places(clubs included), makes you look very odd and suspect.
Not only that, coming to a club and just staring at women is easily the creepiest thing a man can do in a club.

At least the OP came with a woman, even if a platonic friend, which makes him more appealing to 95% of the women in the club. But even so, **** (urinate) or get off the pot. You don't have to engage in conversation with everyone, but sitting and starting is a huge no-no.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:50 PM

421 posts, read 153,379 times
Quote:

Nothing wrong with being a loner, you want to be around people but not talk to anyone, go to a library or some other place where you really don't have to interact with others.

But being outraged that someone introduces you to a stranger at a night club...PLEASE...stay home.
So the OP is now a creep for NOT hitting on women, and quiet people should be confined to libraries?

Old 05-23-2019, 05:53 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Not only that, coming to a club and just staring at women is easily the creepiest thing a man can do in a club.

At least the OP came with a woman, even if a platonic friend, which makes him more appealing to 95% of the women in the club. But even so, **** (urinate) or get off the pot. You don't have to engage in conversation with everyone, but sitting and starting is a huge no-no.
Who the hell says I’m just sitting and staring? Even for a big guy I dance my a@& off and have fun. Usually when I dance with my friends we rarely get pulled aside by strangers wanting to talk.

Old 05-23-2019, 06:00 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,873,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Who the hell says I’m just sitting and staring? Even for a big guy I dance my a@& off and have fun. Usually when I dance with my friends we rarely get pulled aside by strangers wanting to talk.
I never said it about you. I was speaking in a general sense.

Old 05-23-2019, 06:47 PM

17,715 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Dance at home I guess?
Quote:
...PLEASE...stay home.
A lot of people go to clubs with friends just to get out and to have fun with their friends. Not everybody is there looking to hook up with a stranger.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:16 PM

6,820 posts, read 9,056,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You seem easily bothered by the posts in this thread.. Don't take everything so seriously.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:44 PM

57 posts, read 76,300 times
Every shy guy I've known has appreciated stuff like that.
But it doesn't sound like she did a good job.
Tell her next time to tell the girl "my brother thinks you are really cute"
It works so well.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:54 PM

421 posts, read 153,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btsts View Post
Every shy guy I've known has appreciated stuff like that.
Shy guys might appreciate it. Introverts, not so much. There is a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships