U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 11:52 AM

8,559 posts, read 18,845,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
People do contact the authorities/Social Services based on things they see on FB.
a kid sitting on the front seat of a car/truck/rv is not going to bring DCF to the door. A kid sitting in the front seat holding joint/gun/beer could.

The wife was out of line and needs to mind her business. The op need to grow a set and stop worrying about ‘likes’ on Facebook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 12:02 PM

8,559 posts, read 18,845,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Read some of your other threads, and I agree with the other poster. It's probably your wife.
I just read the titles and that was enough for me! This couple needs help.. poor kids!!

Old 05-20-2019, 12:36 PM

950 posts, read 1,431,908 times
Nothing at all to be gained by calling him out. Facebook serves a purpose in that you really "find out who your true friends are." The people you may have thought were your closest friends in life are just not. They just have you there (as a FB friend) to keep tabs on you. But they no longer have the time or desire to interact as a friend. Let them go, you'll be happier in the long run.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:41 PM

383 posts, read 110,188 times
I had someone who I thought was a good friend ghost me for years. I may have finally figured out why. I have 2 beautiful kids and she was never able to have any. I figured this out a few years ago. She recently adopted and when I reached out, she greeted me with open arms. A few times during the "ghosting" I reached out- sent a wedding gift, called one day when I "felt something" and turned out her mom had passed.

My theory is that you can only control yourself, and you doing the right thing. Just continue to be a friend, if only in spirit. He may come back. Took my friend almost 15 years.

As someone who has been through it, I am terribly sorry. It's a bad feeling. You'd rather be punched in the eye and told to go to hell than to just not know.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:44 PM

48 posts, read 15,141 times
People come and people go in your life, nobody stays long term except your blood family normally. People normally go in my life so I accept it and let them, nothing lost just people doing other things with other people. It's a cycle, just let what happens happen the way it's meant to happen and don't force things because it's no longer real anymore.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:01 PM

165 posts, read 333,406 times
I have to say, reading this thread was a bit of an eye opener. I don't have that many friends - a lot of have drifted away over the years. For some, it was on me, for others, it was on them. This one was a tough one to swallow though because I didn't really see it coming. This guy in particular I knew one of the longest throughout my whole history of different friends and he even knew me at my worst (which wasn't that bad, but still...). So to have this happen so abruptly is just a shock. Like I said in the OP, I craved the information of what went wrong, but like a few people have said, i think it would just be fueling my ego on the matter.

Going to try to move on, not be so fixated on Facebook, and just focus on my life. Not going to close the door on this relationship, but I've kind of accepted things a little more now.

I'm generally a quiet guy who likes to keep to himself. I try not to be arrogant or outspoken or put myself in conflicting positions, but as I said before, i have lost some friends over the years and when I realize it, I always ask myself if there's something wrong with me that others can see but I can't. Had these thoughts for at least 15 years. Perhaps I spend too much time in my head.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:25 PM

3,082 posts, read 778,762 times
So you're going to reach out to people who don't respond to call them out on not responding. What exactly are you expecting to come out of all of this? A response?

Old 05-21-2019, 07:14 AM

15,504 posts, read 14,813,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namogel View Post
I have to say, reading this thread was a bit of an eye opener. I don't have that many friends - a lot of have drifted away over the years. For some, it was on me, for others, it was on them. This one was a tough one to swallow though because I didn't really see it coming. This guy in particular I knew one of the longest throughout my whole history of different friends and he even knew me at my worst (which wasn't that bad, but still...). So to have this happen so abruptly is just a shock.
I hope you don't blame yourself about what's happened. It sounds as if your wife had a role in damaging this friendship. I would also imagine that being parents of small children is physically exhausting--or at least I remember it was--and doesn't leave people a lot of time to socialize or keep up with friendships.

Quote:
Like I said in the OP, I craved the information of what went wrong, but like a few people have said, i think it would just be fueling my ego on the matter.
It wouldn't be fueling your ego; it's just that he may not tell you the truth, for a variety of reasons (not want to hurt you, he's still angry, his wife does not want to associate with your wife, etc)

Quote:
Perhaps I spend too much time in my head.
Could be.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:35 AM

10,980 posts, read 17,456,790 times
It’s your wife. That photo DM she sent was the last straw.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:36 AM

6,559 posts, read 3,782,198 times
Maybe you could let some time pass and then ask your friend to meet for a drink, lunch, or see a game without the wives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or