Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Honesty is the best policy or shut up
lose lips sink ships. shut up, keep a friend. 25 49.02%
SPEAK up, wouldn't you want someone to save you from you!! 17 33.33%
other, always has to be an other. 9 17.65%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 10:08 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I would be embarrassed to be in one of these so-called "businesses". Even more embarrassing is how some people think they are "business owners" because they do MLM.
This. This. And more this!

Shudder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2019, 10:31 AM

214 posts, read 140,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post

I have good friends selling oils, jewelry and insurance in MLM. Why would I want to tell them anything? They're fine.
Because they're not fine. It's common knowledge that 99.7% of those involved actually lose money. Is that fine with you?

Old 11-03-2019, 03:20 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbelt View Post
Because they're not fine. It's common knowledge that 99.7% of those involved actually lose money. Is that fine with you?
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but that's because they're not trying hard enough!

Old 11-03-2019, 03:50 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,582 posts, read 17,927,273 times
I think you can draw lines between MLMs that are popular and good, and ones that are ridiculous because of the prices.

Back in the day, we all loved Pampered Chef. They had the best stuff, and the parties were fun.

I also feel that way about Norwex. Now I have all their stuff that I want, so I don't go to parties anymore. But man what great stuff.

I've never hosted a party, but I do like to go occasionally.

I won't go to Rhodan and Fields, because I won't pay hundreds of dollars for moisturizer or eye product.

Same thing for Cabi. Too expensive.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but that's because they're not trying hard enough!
And in order to try harder, make sure you pay to attend more seminars and conferences, or books by highly recommended authors......so that you'll lose even more money, or lose it faster!

Old 11-03-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think you can draw lines between MLMs that are popular and good, and ones that are ridiculous because of the prices.

Back in the day, we all loved Pampered Chef. They had the best stuff, and the parties were fun.

I also feel that way about Norwex. Now I have all their stuff that I want, so I don't go to parties anymore. But man what great stuff.

I've never hosted a party, but I do like to go occasionally.

I won't go to Rhodan and Fields, because I won't pay hundreds of dollars for moisturizer or eye product.

Same thing for Cabi. Too expensive.
I'm sorry, but if you judge MLMs solely by their products, you have missed the whole point of what MLMs are, and how they really make their profits. That is a sentiment shared by 100% of its victims, who have been lured in by what is essentially the bait.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:49 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Two suggestions:

1. Be an adult and respect her choices; don’t buy product you don’t want and don’t comment on her decisions to be involved with this business

2. Be an adult and stop writing “lol” because its childish
#1 ^^^

You make the choice to buy based on your needs and expectations. You decide whether you want to support her in any way. But she is an adult; her decisions are hers to make.

Old 11-03-2019, 09:04 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
Stay far away from her.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:43 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbelt View Post
And in order to try harder, make sure you pay to attend more seminars and conferences, or books by highly recommended authors......so that you'll lose even more money, or lose it faster!
Sign me up! #MillionaireRetireeAt25 #BossDude #IhaveAsnakeOilForThat #AntiVaxxer #ItsNotAPyramidSchemeThoseAreIllegal

Old 11-04-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Sign me up! #MillionaireRetireeAt25 #BossDude #IhaveAsnakeOilForThat #AntiVaxxer #ItsNotAPyramidSchemeThoseAreIllegal
And when at the convention, don't forget to drop by the "company store" in the main lobby and pick up the latest training dvds, books, ballcaps and tees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships