Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 12:48 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times

Advertisements

I'm more irritated by people who refuse to answer their phone. They are great with texting, but don't want to talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 12:55 PM

23,303 posts, read 18,837,889 times
I tell people I don't text and won't even see theirs because of the phone I own. Even if I could text I hate it. Dumb punching a tiny keyboard mis-typing half of the characters anyway. If they need/want to talk to me they have to call or email. End of problem.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:05 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
If they got the text, but don't answer it sounds passive aggressive. You'd have to know the whole situation I suppose.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:44 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I'm more irritated by people who refuse to answer their phone. They are great with texting, but don't want to talk.
I have an anxiety issue with talking on the phone, so I never answer it if the number is not in my contacts and often won't answer it even if it is in my contacts. Everyone is different though. I understand not everyone likes to text and don't expect them to like to communicate that way I like to communicate just because that's the way I communicate.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:29 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
They have a REAL life and living in a false reality world is not high on their priority list.

I don't really need to know that your baby just burped or you had a spat with your S/O.

This whole electronic thingy shall pass and I won't miss it at all. People will nod their heads and say "I just can't believe how much time I wasted, how many sunsets I missed, how many good times with people who really loved me slipped away, or how much further I could have gone at work had I not been engrossed in typing by my thumbs over inane chit."

The ones who have already moved on are those who don't respond.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:15 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
Intrusion to text a friend asking hey how are you? it's a long time since our last chat. ?? For example, come on!!
If someone I hadnt heard from someone in a long while, or a short while for that matter, texted me that, I wouldnt answer. I will not waste time having a conversation via text. Ill answer a question, confirm plans...anything that a line of text will suffice. Someone just texting "how ya doing?" That will never get an answer from me.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:19 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
The thread is not about that anyway.

That's your opinion. Even if it is not, never answering is RUDE.

Exactly

Same with me, I avoid all kind of sales, but we are talking about friends.
Never answering a text is not rude. Its a choice whether someone wants to text with you, it is not an obligation. No different than not answering the phone because you know who it is, and dont want to talk to them. You choose to text, I choose not to answer. Thats how it is nowadays.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:22 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,265 times
Extremely annoying. if I'm asking a question, I want an answer. Why else am I asking? I don't buy the "I'm too busy" excuse because it's just an excuse that means they don't want to talk to you. I'm sure there are parts of the day where they are at home relaxing and watching TV. That's not being busy.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:27 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,487,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Never answering a text is not rude. Its a choice whether someone wants to text with you, it is not an obligation. No different than not answering the phone because you know who it is, and dont want to talk to them. You choose to text, I choose not to answer. Thats how it is nowadays.
Not answering the phone on purpose is as rude as not texting back, because you always have your friends phone number and you know who is writting the same way you know who is phoning.

For me not replying a text is the same as not reply when someone tell you the same face to face.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:37 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,479,051 times
Get a Chinese, or some similar keyboard and answer with that. It will bug them to no end. Provided that's not their normal language, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships