Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 12:21 PM

30 posts, read 17,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Maybe you missed this part, but he physically hit her. As well as financially scammed her. She has every reason in the world to be bothered by these intrusions. At the very least, please don't tell someone in this situation what the timeline is to be over this unless you've been through it. And even then, please don't.

It's been 2 years now, and I sometimes get nightmares about it but I'm healing and it's getting better every day. I'm at a place where I can talk about it without crying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I suspect the ex wants to get back with you. He is down on his luck. He sees you as his meal ticket.

Remind your mom that he has attacked you in the past. Tell her she needs to shut down brother if he comes round again. I assume you have the ex and bro blocked from social media accounts.

If brother, and/or ex persist in trying to contact you directly, or via mother, you or she might have to file for order of protection.

But mother needs to tell brother not to come by again first. If you are contacted, you need to do same. Then file for protection.

HE is.

He probably regret everything he did to me. But it's too late now. And sending his brother over to my mom won't help..It's funny... why now? AFTER I have advanced in my career... No one came to visit or ask how I was doing 1 month after the break up.

Old 09-23-2019, 01:18 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose94 View Post
HE is.

He probably regret everything he did to me. But it's too late now. And sending his brother over to my mom won't help..It's funny... why now? AFTER I have advanced in my career... No one came to visit or ask how I was doing 1 month after the break up.
Regrets what he did?

I doubt it. He will try to get you to think that he has changed. He will try to get you to think he is down on his luck. He will try to get you to think that you are the only person in his life that was ever there for him. He will try and tell you that without you he is nothing.

He is hoping you will take him back. He is hoping he can reconnect with you. If you do go back with this guy it will not take too long before he is doing all the things that he did when you were together before. In addition it will be that much harder to fix your credit or repair anything that he did to you financially.

With 7 billion plus people in the world, I am betting that someone out there can treat you in a way you deserve without causing you any problems.

Forget the Ex. Remember him as a bad memory.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:57 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose94 View Post

His brother admitted and was very honest that my ex couldn't find a job and he's gotten worse + he gets fired all the time or he quits whenever he gets a job. So karma got him.
I am curious ..... what are you supposed to do about this?

Old 09-23-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I am curious ..... what are you supposed to do about this?

IKR I told my mom we can't use his excuse for anything and why is he admitting that my ex is going throguh a hard time lol?

Old 09-24-2019, 12:39 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,988 times
Sounds like the opening minutes of an episode of Dateline.

Old 09-24-2019, 06:50 AM

6,454 posts, read 3,974,828 times
And I told you in your other thread to tell him, once and unequivocally (and in a traceable way such as registered mail) that he is not to contact you or your family, and tell your family to refuse to speak to him and not give him *any* information about you. Apparently you didn't think that was good advice if you started an entire new thread about this, but the advice still stands.

This is borderline stalking. I don't know if it's even borderline. This guy has his family harassing your family, and what's worse, it's happening in a workplace, which could cause them to get in trouble and lose employment. This is not an "oh gee I don't know what to do let me waffle around" situation, this is a "nip it in the bud NOW" situation. I don't know what his motive is-- it could be everything from "I'm so effing clueless that I think having my family member visit her family member in a public place is a nonaggressive move" to "I'll make sure she knows that I know where she and her family live and work and can get to them at any time, with the help of *my* family and friends." Neither of these is a good idea and can't continue. Tell him immediately that he is to cease and desist, and take appropriate further steps if he doesn't comply.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:15 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
You're kidding right? Her ex abused her! Doesn't matter how much time went by. The fact that his brother showed up to her mother's job to not conduct business, but to catch up with her and see how the OP is doing, is very odd to me. Even if he was the "good one," and actually cares how well she is doing, it's the simple fact that he can report back to his brother to let him know where the OP is, what she does for work, if she is seeing someone, etc. OP, you have every right to be upset. I would also be upset at your mom for entertaining him as well; she should've asked him to leave. Have you talked to her? I would let her know how that made you feel. Your mom had no right to hide that from you. She also had no right to tell him a damn thing.
Mom needs to learn discretion, if that's possible. If she's a compulsive chatterbox, then there's no hope and you need to not tell her anything that you don't want passed on to anyone, friend or foe. Some people just don't know when to shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships