U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 02:02 PM

42,837 posts, read 79,072,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Sounds like you're becoming NON-corporate material...
I never really was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 02:18 PM

12,941 posts, read 19,341,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I never really was.
Same here - but I forced myself into the mold for a few years.

They were, spiritually speaking, the worst years of my life.

...not counting the time since I met some people on this board...

Old 05-09-2008, 07:08 PM

9,882 posts, read 20,166,115 times
My office size doubled. I like it. Dilutes the problems and increases the interest factor. I'm sure that problem personalities occur in the same proportion in large offices as small. But fresh people means new dynamics, new freakshows, and the occasional new friend or enemy. Keeps me from being bored.

If only work were so entertaining. I'd love to have something to do. This recession sucks wind.

Last edited by ellie; 05-09-2008 at 07:18 PM..

Old 05-09-2008, 11:07 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,320,008 times
Quote:
I'd imagine there are people like this everywhere - the walking briskly, seeming busy, trying to portray being important type, who passes like the wind by you. I find them so irritating and phony. A lady of this nature in my office quit a long time ago and guess what... her position was never filled again and somehow the company manages to stay afloat!

What's your experience with these folks?
For a second, I thought you said, "who passes the wind by you". Now those would be nasty coworkers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
That's why I love not working in an office. My biggest obstacles are big buffy men who like to grunt and walk around looking at themselves in the mirrors and say things like "hey if I pass out, could you resisitate me?"
I promise not to say those things anymore.

Quote:
Just came back from a smoke break. Because recently our activities have been restrained to only one, pretty limited, area, it's impossible to avoid dear coworkers. I go outside for a BREAK, not to listen to loud shop talk! Oh, yeah, that's also one of those people you wonder how they don't choke while talking, since they never take a breath!
My company passed a smoking ban throughout the entire facility. I now love the fresh air when I walk out the doors and no longer get pummeled by nasty Marlboro smoke.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:14 PM

42,837 posts, read 79,072,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
My company passed a smoking ban throughout the entire facility. I now love the fresh air when I walk out the doors and no longer get pummeled by nasty Marlboro smoke.
Do I need to tell ya what exactly to do to yourself...?! I believe you can figure it out on your own...

Even pre-teens usually can figure when enough is enough!

Last edited by sierraAZ; 05-09-2008 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-31-2009, 06:38 AM

19,020 posts, read 25,565,338 times
Everyone at work thinks I'm an overly competitive d!ck

Old 12-31-2009, 07:22 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,329,945 times
Um, I tend to walk fast at work, too.

I spend a lot of my work time at my desk on the computer. When I walk, I try to make the best of it.

My mind is no where near attempting to look busy and important, lol.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:26 AM

19,020 posts, read 25,565,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
Um, I tend to walk fast at work, too.

I spend a lot of my work time at my desk on the computer. When I walk, I try to make the best of it.

My mind is no where near attempting to look busy and important, lol.
Walk slow when you pass my cube

Old 12-31-2009, 02:41 PM

27,236 posts, read 41,391,840 times
Every one I work with is like this. We ARE busy though. Some of us might work faster than others, but we don't have time to sit and chit chat.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:54 PM

15,564 posts, read 36,562,009 times
Quote:
I'd imagine there are people like this everywhere - the walking briskly, seeming busy, trying to portray being important type, who passes like the wind by you. I find them so irritating and phony. A lady of this nature in my office quit a long time ago and guess what... her position was never filled again and somehow the company manages to stay afloat!

What's your experience with these folks?
That's what I used to do ... because I was in a hurry to get back to my computer and back to C-D!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships