Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 06:00 AM

195 posts, read 292,032 times

Advertisements

Some of the women I know tell me they love their best female friends. Not in a sexual or romantic way. No, they are not lesbians, but just people with very close friends. These women are not afraid to tell their close friends that they love them.

My mother loved her best female friends, many that she knew for over 60 years and were super close!

I can not picture many men in our culture telling their male buddies they love them!

So women... do you love your close women friends? Would you tell them you love them? Would they tell you?

So, men...do you love your close male friends? Would you tell them you love them? Would they tell you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 06:22 AM

904 posts, read 2,865,661 times
I have several female and male friends that I say I love you to. I really don't feel like there's anything unusual about that. I am a teacher and I tell my students I love them all the time. I do love them. Why would someone be afraid of saying, "I love you"? It's a wonderful thing to say. Here in the south we say it all the time.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:58 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,338,712 times
I think the closest you'll get between most men is a fist-bump or high-five and, "luv ya, man!" said in very deep tones in sotto voce. It's a "real" guy thing!

Old 12-20-2009, 07:04 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,191,168 times
Yes, I tell my two best friends I love them all the time. It's actually no big deal at all to say it. I would do anything for them and that's what you do when you love someone..

Old 12-20-2009, 07:06 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,870,970 times
Yes. It's been said, but not in sappy way, and usually over a few beers. More importantly (and this is a man way of approaching love in general), it's been shown.

Last edited by macjr82; 12-20-2009 at 07:25 AM..

Old 12-20-2009, 07:36 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,226,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
Some of the women I know tell me they love their best female friends. Not in a sexual or romantic way. No, they are not lesbians, but just people with very close friends. These women are not afraid to tell their close friends that they love them.

My mother loved her best female friends, many that she knew for over 60 years and were super close!

I can not picture many men in our culture telling their male buddies they love them!

So women... do you love your close women friends? Would you tell them you love them? Would they tell you?

So, men...do you love your close male friends? Would you tell them you love them? Would they tell you?
My dads lifelong best friend just passed away this year. They have been best friends since the first grade. He was like a second dad to me and I've known him my whole life. When we lost him it was like loosing my biological father. I still think of him everyday and his memory lives on. He had a great part in making me the man who I am today and I will never forget that. Rugged

Old 12-20-2009, 07:54 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,126,153 times
Yes, I love my best friends. I have a special bond with two of them. I tell them I love them everytime we speak. I miss them terribly since we don't reside in the same state, but I've just started up with skype; that site is awesome!

Old 12-20-2009, 01:24 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,462,653 times
Those of our little band who served together in Vietnam say "I love you" to each other all the time.

For that, we have to thank one of our late brothers, Tiny Gobble. Tiny was unrestrained by convention, unconcerned about what anyone else thinks, and routinely closed his conversations with the rest of us by saying that. Eventually, we all picked it up.

We owe him a great debt of gratitude.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:32 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,366,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post

There are different modes of love.

Telling a guy friend you love him, is not the same as romantic/sexual love.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:17 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,870,970 times
I think the Greek had it right.They had several words for love.
Agape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eros_(concept) , Philia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , and Storge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships