Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 09:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times

Advertisements

I just got this out of the blue phone call from my third grade teacher wanting to put together a gathering for this summer and I am thrill to attend for her but not for the people who will be attending lol.

I was shocked when she called because I mean this in a nice way but maybe because I was kid when I had her but I thought she was up there in her years of age but she sounded still as vibrant as she was back then and I would be honor to attend just for her.

However, omg I am in my mid 30's and I dont remember hardly any memories or people I use to attend with in the third grade. If I had memories it would be great to reflect back as coversation of this event but to me it seems like reunions are a way for people to gather and realize your getting older in age or reminder of what you have not accomplished in life.
I dont even know how old I was then maybe 8?

I only have attended a few family reunions and since my dad pass I see less reunions on his side of family are in the future.
I dont mind family reunions because we are blood but I dont know about school reunions....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 09:47 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I haven't attended any of my school reunions because I'm scared I won't remember enough about people, people's names, etc. and it will be embarrassing and weird because of it.

Family reunions: if I'm geographically able to, yep, of course! My family is a lot of fun, always does something weird/funny and we have a blast.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:05 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
I think that a third grade reunion this far removed is a bit far fetched unless it is part of a social experiment. All though if it is convenient for you it might be interesting.

I attended my 10-year high school reunion and it was okay. For the most part,everyone was the same; although they had careers, children and a few pounds added on. Was totally uneventful for the most part. I didn't bother with the 15-year but I am considering the 20-year when it rolls around (in a few years, mind you).

I only attended one family reunion and I must say that it was probably the last as well. I did have a good time, but family only extends so far and I am fine with not have a most of these people in my life.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:23 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
I recently received an invitation to my 50 Year High School Reunion.

They sent me a database with everyone on it, even the dead ones. It was great fun reminiscing and reliving old adventures.

But I'm not going to the reunion.

If I were interested in being with my old high school buddies, I wouldn't have moved 3000 miles away.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:37 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
no i didnt go to my HS reunion. it felt weird to me. i had only a few good friends and barely spoke to everyone else. i was not able to keep in touch with even my few good friends and i doubt anyone would have remembered me....embarrassing for all of us. also i dont feel i have accomplished what i should have.
family reunions for me are a few a year weddings, birthdays, christenings, etc.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:56 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
I've been to the 5 and 10 year reunion. The 20th is coming up and I plan on attending that also. My graduating class was only 70 people, a lot of us stay in touch still.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:01 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
Wow, 3rd grade is very early for a reunion. I do remember my teacher from then, but not much else.

I missed my HS reunion. But I am going to a family reunion next week.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:07 AM

403 posts, read 1,324,907 times
I only remember my teacher from 3rd grade, but I have no idea who was in my class. I don't really keep in touch with anyone from grade school (besides a friend or two), so I would have no interest in attending a reunion. I didn't attend my 10 year reunion a few years ago, and have no intention of ever attending one.

I doubt I'd remember 10% of the people's names anyway, and it's only been 13 years, lol. Sad, I know.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
If I would have cross this event from any random student from that class or if I read about it in a newspaper I would probably not be incline in going. Due to at that age I really did not care about developing close friendships.

I would prefer to just have lunch with her if I had it my way but Im trying to guess how old she would be now maybe in her 70' or in her 80's. I would love to find out her background of what she has accomplished and twist the gathering back on her and treat it like a Honor party for her.
I been racking my brain trying to think of a memory and I can only think of what life was like at seven or eight but not individual experiences. I can remember that Indian War Ball was the most evil sport at the time lol and being made to walk the hallways with our index finger over our lip to keep quiet and the red paddle in the Principals office.
I cant see the point of this event to except honor her.
Wait til my partner gets home and I tell them why I ask for them to clear these dates off calendar lol ... Reunions are bad enough but attending other people reunions is one of the most dreadful things to do.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:20 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
I went to my 25th and 31th high school reunions. It was fun and I made some new friends in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships