Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:44 AM

105 posts, read 301,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
Please tell us if you're a woman or a man, and which gender you prefer as a friend.

I have a handful of great female friends, but I prefer male friends. I don't know why I'm like this, but it takes me forever to warm up to most women. I find that a lot of them are catty, competitive, annoying, bitchy. The female friends that I have right now, are not like that, so that is why I keep them . With men, I feel like I can be very open, honest and myself...I always feel very comfortable around men from the beginning. I sometimes feel like I cannot be myself around women....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 03:17 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,003,721 times
Female- Cant stand other females for more than 30 minutes. 99% of my friends are male.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:31 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,239,585 times
Male. Have both male and female friends, but have had way fewer fallouts with male friends. I have friends from childhood and college.

EVERY fallout with a female friend has been because they took a woman's position, favoring another woman, when all the objective facts, if analyzed, would have indicated the woman was wrong. Sometimes this showed up of out nowhere 15 years into the friendship. To me, it was toast, at that point.

Sometime, when I have time, I will have to tell about the story of a girl I met at a Catholic parish when I lived in ATL. Wow, that you would meet someone like this in a church-related setting AND that another woman in this same group (also a friend of the girl I met) STILL defends her. Got tired of this woman defending her, so I phased her out as well, many years later. Interesting thing: the woman that does the defending HATES her dad.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:51 PM

127 posts, read 440,959 times
Women usally tend to have males freinds because they say females keep up trouble. Vice versa for men. For me i think freinds are overrated personally.I have 1 freind worth calling a freind and thats because he been there for me since the 2nd grade, through fight, fires,chicks,and my father death he stood with me though everything. That why i call him my brother. And usally I hang with my older blood brother anyway. I have female freinds but its tends to go ferther than that and that's good for the booth of us anyway. I plus i listen to anyones problem anyway i can help so I prefer females more than dudes,but to a certain extent because they both start trouble

Old 04-10-2011, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 996 times
Thank you. I totally agree.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:00 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,696,926 times
I'm a man, so I would much rather be friends with women. I make friends with bonafide dimes, and I don't even mind being in the "friend zone" of a 10+ and actually tell them early on that I'm just looking for friendship because here's the thing, when they show up on the scene and start bustin it up with me, it makes the 7's-9's that are also around me feel like 4's and 5's, and we all know what girls do when you make 'em fell ugly in this under-handed way. Don't get me wrong, if the dime happens to want something more than a friendship, I won't turn it down, but I use women to get other women, It's a play on their insecurities, I wouldn't be this way if women weren't so cruel to the "nice guy". They leave me no choice, but to be a beast.

As for guy friends, I see them mostly as competition, and am only tight with those I grew up with, and close family.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:21 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,454,899 times
Female and most of my friends are male.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:47 PM

56 posts, read 189,624 times
Gay guys. I'm female so I get the best of both worlds this way - someone who isn't catty and into makeup and general sluttiness - and someone who isn't going to stop talking to me if I refuse to have sex with him. Perhaps I've just had bad luck with friends who are girls. The closest girl friends I've had ended up backstabbing me, causing me endless drama or were just ditzy and interested in things that I couldn't find the least bit exciting.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:17 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,263,690 times
I am a female and I like having female friends. We talk about a broad range of topics and things don't get boring.

Here is why I do not like guy friends as much: I hate sport and car talk. I don't want to go golfing, bowling, or shoot pool. I get annoyed when guys come for relationship advice... it's like, you are a man, you need to man up and figure it out for yourself, y0, quit being wishy washy and I don't care if you are not sure if you are "passionately in love" with your woman. No females have come to me for relationship advice - only men. LOL! They are so whiny, indecisive, impractical, and picky. Obviously not every woman is going to look like a model and you can't expect that if you don't look like one yourself! Maybe because I'm female, men think that I would enjoy listening to their relationship drivel but in reality, I hate it.

However I have to condede that girls who turn from your friend to your enemies are the absolute worst. Often they are man-crazed witches, or super needy girly-girls.

Last edited by miyu; 04-10-2011 at 04:29 PM..

Old 04-10-2011, 09:29 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,021,955 times
I'm a male who prefers to be with males. I really don't believe in opposite-sex friendships, no matter what the situation it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships