U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 07:20 AM

8,309 posts, read 33,274,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I'm a bit fed up with that hypocritical righteousness : "hate is self-destructive, bla-bla-bla", and other 2-cent psychological hocus-pocus...i mean, someone who have (morally) put my head under water until I was stifled, I should kiss his ass now because he impregnated once my mother ? I don't know if I hate him, maybe, I couldn't care less; I'm just waiting for him to croak and see il the Law is on his side or mine , if he will be able to disinherit me as he dearly wishes or if there is some Justice out there.
If he's intestate he can't. If he wrote a properly executed will he can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 08:27 AM

5,816 posts, read 9,754,912 times

Well, I'm guessed I'm doomed, I'll have to rely on social security for my old days...and I should thank the old bastard ?

Old 06-16-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:

Well, I'm guessed I'm doomed, I'll have to rely on social security for my old days...and I should thank the old bastard ?
Is he still married to your mother?

Old 06-16-2008, 08:58 AM

No, he re-married and I guess he wants to leave his estate to her new wife {sigh!}
I thought that by Law he has to leave me half of his goods (as I am an only son), but you just told me that if he writes a will I can pretty well be disinherited altogether...it's soooooooooooooooo unfair.....

Old 06-16-2008, 08:59 AM

sorry, to HIS new wife (my father is a male lol)

Old 06-16-2008, 09:07 AM

You can sue for your share of the estate, but if he wrote the will correctly it's difficult to overturn. Just look at Anna Nicole Smith. The best lawyers money can buy couldn't get the rightful Marshall heirs their money back.

I don't know about your state, but Texas intestate succesion at one time dictated that 50% of the estate go the the surviving spouse and the other 50% be divided among any surviving children. It now dictates that 100% of the estate goes to the surviving spouse. Anyway, good luck to you.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:14 AM
miu

16,439 posts, read 33,360,746 times
Quote:
No, he re-married and I guess he wants to leave his estate to her new wife {sigh!}
I thought that by Law he has to leave me half of his goods (as I am an only son), but you just told me that if he writes a will I can pretty well be disinherited altogether...it's soooooooooooooooo unfair.....
Parents don't have to leave their kids anything. What if your dad wanted to leave it all to charity? Warren Buffett doesn't give his kids money and he's a billionaire. He expects them to make it on their own. And I'd love it if my parents would spent more money on themselves and enjoy life more, rather than being so practical with their lives and trying to leave us kids something.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:19 AM

What's unfair here is that my father is no self-made-man like WB but was a daddy's son and inherited my grandfather's relative "wealth" without needing to budge a finger - on the other hand I had to work hard to find a job without help. Talk of "immanent justice"...

Old 06-16-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Parents don't have to leave their kids anything. What if your dad wanted to leave it all to charity? Warren Buffett doesn't give his kids money and he's a billionaire. He expects them to make it on their own. And I'd love it if my parents would spent more money on themselves and enjoy life more, rather than being so practical with their lives and trying to leave us kids something.
This is true. There are a lot of churches in Texas that command enormous mineral interests because old oil men wanted their children to make their own money and left the entirety of their estate to the local church. Its amazing when you find yourself dealing with a church that employs a landman and a geophysicist. So weird. When you step through the doors of a Cavalry Baptist Church in NE Texas and a receptionist directs you to the "Cavalry Baptist Minerals, LLC" office next to the rectory, you KNOW you're in Texas.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:21 AM

8,668 posts, read 19,892,164 times
Well, 2 things here to the OP~~ (and anyone else out there dealing with this sort of thing)

1) Forgiveness (even undeserved, maybe ESPECIALLY undeserved) will set YOU free in more ways than you know. Something to consider.

and

2) Run, don't walk to order a book called Irregular People by Joyce Landorf. (It's a relatively old book. That's why I suggest ordering it. I believe it can be obtained from Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships