Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:37 AM

508 posts, read 2,119,636 times

Advertisements

No I think you two just outgrew each other. Sometimes it's hard to go back and re-connect with people you knew "so long ago." Even a few years can change a person drastically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 09:33 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,139,157 times
As you continue to age & mature, you'll realize that if all your friends were smart, good looking and had the same personality, you'd be bored out of your head with them.

I have friends from all walks of life, all totally different some totally peculiar and strange, some so freaking wholesome that you wonder which wonder bread loaf they were unwrapped from....however, my world would not be the same without their friendship....I enjoy them totally and appreciate their lifeforce.

Sometimes the more you resist, the more you become what you resist.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:30 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
You're in your thirties, you say? Something tells me you know the answer to your question and you're looking for absolution from strangers.

Move on.
And there you have it in a nutshell!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:49 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
I think you should talk on the phone. Writing to someone online can be taken in so many ways. You may be trying to be sarcastic, but she reads it as serious. When you were talking about getting bigger, she may have taken it completely wrong.

If this was a face to face interaction, it would be entirely different. But IMO when you are online; you have to realize not everyone will understand your intentions.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:25 AM

564 posts, read 2,341,672 times
I think I should answer this thread in a different way since the first time didn't get through. This seems more appropriate considering the subject matter:

LYKE, OMG, U NEED SUM NEW FRIENDZ. IF DEY DONT BE GOOD 2 U, U SHULDNT HAVE 2 PUT ^ WIT THEIR CRAP. UR LIKE IN UR 30S, THATS REAL-E OLD. COLLEGE WUZ KEWL BUT UR LIKE A WOMAN AND STUFF NOW. OMG U SHULD HAVE SUM KEWLER FRIENDZ--HANG WIT ME AND MY FRIENDZ KEGGER THIS FRIDAY SIGMA PHI ALPHA GAMMA RAY KAPPA DUMMA ASSA!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:11 AM

389 posts, read 1,986,574 times
undertheironsea: cool. are u member of the frat dumma assa?? i actually was shaking my head on the shallowness of the OP.. so i was more dumbfounded to know he is a guy in his 30s. and talking like a valley girl with a pimply adolescent tone with a high school drama problem. my goodness. talk about ironic, don't u think? ...

it's like raaaaiiinnnnn...... oops sorry having an alanis morisette moment

Old 06-19-2008, 02:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
lol....my personality has been the same. I have more confidence these days and I'm smarter that is the only difference for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalove View Post
Even a few years can change a person drastically.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:18 PM

3 posts, read 4,025 times
Our mind is so complicated, that one day we are happy and the next we are not. Things are not always the way we see them or expect them to be. Breath deeply and try to think why the things are that way. Life is so short to waste it in letting some people to spoil the best of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships