Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 08:15 PM

812 posts, read 2,306,726 times

Advertisements

Many people have taken an exit from my life. It's ok w/ me. They come and go throughout your life. It's okay and at times it will hurt, trust me, you will make more friends and you will be more selective the older you get.

never settle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 09:52 AM

1,217 posts, read 4,032,469 times
You need to figure out why your self-esteem is so low that you continually associate with fake people. Or maybe it's not your self-esteem? Maybe you're attracted to phony people and then end up licking your wounds when they harm you? It appears that you know the difference between fake and real. Why do you choose the fake? You say you haven't had any friends for awhile. Why is that? There's too many unanswered questions here but it basically comes down to your choices and your self-awarenes..

Old 07-05-2008, 10:10 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Be your own best friend first.Real friends are hard to come by.If you have only one real friend thats better than 50 friends who are only friends when its convient for them.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:17 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,146 times
I have found that in a lifetime you will have very few friends and alot of acquaintances. Most of the people you work with are just acquaintances, once you don't work there anymore you'll never see them again. How many of your "friends" from school do you still talk too? Most folks only have a handful of true friends and a bunch of acquaintances...

Old 07-05-2008, 10:40 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
Fake friends are for a while but real friends are for life
I have had many fake friends in my life and one real friend so far , one of my fake friends led me to the doctor because I needed therapy , they put some commets on me , on my look or my work ,like you are so tall you are not good enough on work ,bad commets actually ,so I couldn't continue my life in that way ,then I throw them all . I have had no friends for a long time , now I feel I am so stupid and weak to let people toying with me , actually I did not choose them , I accepted them , is that my fault ? my punishment ! why I had fake friends!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't feel bad. I've had more fake friends (and acquaintanences) than real friends. I only have about 1 real friend and he's my husband.

There's a lot of people I don't trust and it takes me a long time to get used to someone and to learn their personality. I have had people wanted to be my friend and we exchanged numbers, but everytime I called, they say they were always busy and such. Or they call me at a wrong time (like last week, I was out of town and I told her before I left I was going on vacation). I tried to call her back, but she never responded. So, whatever...Her lose, not mine.

It's good to be just yourself and do your own thing. Besides "friends" come and go. It's best to be your own best friend and trust YOURSELF, because you can't trust no one nowadays...Just stay true to YOU...

Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,172 times
so n other words i had fake people in my life my own cousin was fake and we blood and she was fake with her best friend who i call big sis but were not real sisters but ima let it go cuz i dnt need all that drama cuz im me and ima do me to da fullest and live my life we they people i love and trust!!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 12:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Tons of people are flaky losers anyways. The truly good people are either busy raising their kids or working full time jobs, that is why it is hard to make quality friendships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post
Fake friends are for a while but real friends are for life
I have had many fake friends in my life and one real friend so far , one of my fake friends led me to the doctor because I needed therapy , they put some commets on me , on my look or my work ,like you are so tall you are not good enough on work ,bad commets actually ,so I couldn't continue my life in that way ,then I throw them all . I have had no friends for a long time , now I feel I am so stupid and weak to let people toying with me , actually I did not choose them , I accepted them , is that my fault ? my punishment ! why I had fake friends!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 12:34 PM

Is your name Maya Angelou Jr.? Because you are correct and you seriously have to treat yourself like a friend on a consistent basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Be your own best friend first.Real friends are hard to come by.If you have only one real friend thats better than 50 friends who are only friends when its convient for them.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:40 PM

378 posts, read 772,131 times
I've always struggled with finding meaningful friendships. A slew of bad and good friends have passed through my life. Sometimes we grew apart, sometimes it became too toxic. Sometimes people came back.

I can say without any trepedations that the only person I agree with and understand (most of the time ) is....me . Be kind and forgiving to yourself as you would to others. Find a hobby and/or volunteer to stay busy and focused on anything other than yourself.

Life is about change..make sure it's for the better.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:44 PM

Your advice is good, however, I'd like to add that you can always move to another city, always visit first. I lived in two cities that were absolutely filled with insane and selfish people.

I moved back to a city that I liked in the past and it is still filled with the friendly and professional people that I remembered from long ago.

'Wherever you go, there you are' is not something I agree with at all. The city and culture of the city makes a huge difference. Can you imagine me being happy in some religious city in Utah or Alabama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyBeing View Post
I've always struggled with finding meaningful friendships. A slew of bad and good friends have passed through my life. Sometimes we grew apart, sometimes it became too toxic. Sometimes people came back.

I can say without any trepedations that the only person I agree with and understand (most of the time ) is....me . Be kind and forgiving to yourself as you would to others. Find a hobby and/or volunteer to stay busy and focused on anything other than yourself.

Life is about change..make sure it's for the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships