U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 04:53 PM

9,048 posts, read 14,333,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
When I have encountered people in my life who treat me poorly in some way, it is usually connected to something in myself that I need to develop or pay attention to.
Yes sirree, Bill. It doesn't make you a bad person, but there's definitely something that needs correcting.

People will only do what we let them get away with the first time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 12:50 PM

4,837 posts, read 7,825,038 times
Why? Well it might be difficult to have any real friends if you won't risk letting any "fake" friends into your life.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:41 PM

14,752 posts, read 28,646,245 times
New-mona, as I've gotten older, I've gotten wiser. I mistakenly put people that would, and should, never exceed the acquaintance category into the friend category. That has all changed. I've told people who have dug me up from H.S. and univ. to "go to hell" (well, not literally, but by the silence). Sometimes, it's better to have empty blocks of time, taking care of yourself, than it is to be in the company of people that are negative, that can potentially bring you down, and that really don't deserve one's company. With a topic like this, you seem like a very reflective person, nonetheless, and I am sure you will make wise choices.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 PM

14,752 posts, read 28,646,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Why? Well it might be difficult to have any real friends if you won't risk letting any "fake" friends into your life.
I see your point, but sometimes becoming acquainted with people slowly can indicate whether or not they are worth the "full-fledged" investment.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:08 PM

809 posts, read 2,601,497 times
any fake person who at first was PERCEIVED as a friend in my eyes, I have gotten rid of............. none of them have been worth keeping around.

One girl in particular pretended to be my friend but the minute I showed interest in one guy I liked (who eventually would be my boyfriend) she tried EVERYTHINGGGGG in her arsenal to keep us apart. She told lies about him to ME (That I didn't believe) she told lies to HIM and HIS FRIENDS (they didn't believe her either)..... the sickest part was that she had a BOYFRIEND (Which made NO sense why she was trying to keep us apart if she HAD someone)....... so I got rid of her, cut her out of my life (and later found out she slept with one of my MARRIED guy friends........ all becuz she thought me and HIM had a thing!!!!!!!! I'm not friends with HIM anymore either)....

Sadly enough I tried to give her another chance. I tried to set up a couple of things for us to do about a year and a half later when we "reconnected". TWICE in a row she blew me off. No call, no text to let me know she wasn't coming. SO I told her off and told her to lose my number. I'm sure she's gone around and regurgitated lies about me to people she knows, but that is of no matter to me because she doesn't even associate with ANYONE I know anymore..... because she did that to EVERYONE I know..........

Old 02-28-2009, 04:54 PM

213 posts, read 716,299 times
Fake friends only want you for what you can do for them: tickets to the game, be their chauffeur, help them land the job, etc. When you hand something over to them it will be after they asked for it.
Real friends want you for what you personally have to offer: companionship, laughs, shared interests,etc. When you give to them, it's because it was your idea.
Now, notice the difference in your interactions with "friends". Shouldn't take long before you can weed out the fake friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships