U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 AM

25,393 posts, read 29,649,715 times

Advertisements

I'm so sorry. I'll say a prayer for your family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 11:13 AM

25,367 posts, read 23,201,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
WARNING: Suicide mentioned.

I don't want to upset anybody.

My husband just called me from his car. His sister committed suicide today.

She had just broken up with her boyfriend but I don't think that's it. I have always wondered how she was able to hold herself together and well, I guess after all, she couldn't. She is my husband's half-sister (his father's remarriage). Her mother died of MS when she was a teenager and the following year, her sister committed suicide (probably--Vicodin).

I don't know what I'm saying, I'm babbling on.

I can't believe she's dead. What a smart, funny girl. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say to my husband. He sounded like the undead on the phone. He sounded angry, too.

I don't know why I'm posting this on the internet except that I can't call "my" people--they're all on the east coast and in bed.

Oh man, I just don't know what to do.
OHhhhh Jerz....can I do anything....I'm so sorry for you and her family, your hubby....

I was so happy to see you in there, I've missed you....Please know, if you need anything, call on me....I'd be happy to give you my number....

Big hugs, and sending my heartfelt condolances.

Love
Creme

Old 06-26-2008, 11:16 AM

14,250 posts, read 20,476,060 times
I am so sorry....

Old 06-26-2008, 11:18 AM

2,221 posts, read 9,119,198 times
This is so sad. I lost my brother in-law to suicide several years ago. His wife and children were devastated. Depression can often go unnoticed. My sympathies to you and your family. Hugs to all.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:29 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,209,139 times
I'm so sad for your whole family. This is the time to really hold on to each other. Suicide is such a selfish act...it leaves everyone in shock, wondering, thinking if they could have helped and mostly wondering WHY? My ex tried to commit suicide several times and it was so hurtful and confusing. Love each other and just be there for everyone during this tough time.
Our prayers go out to all of you...

Old 06-26-2008, 12:56 PM

3,413 posts, read 7,824,381 times
I'm sorry too, Jerz. I hope you and DH are doing ok today.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:06 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,977,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh man, I just don't know what to do.
Put your arms around your Hubby and hold on tight. He will probably have alot of questions that there are no answers to. If he needs to be angry let him. Just keep holding on to him. It's OK if you don't know what to say...it won't matter much anyway. He just needs that safe place within your arms...

*HUGS* and Prayers to you all.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:19 PM

1,559 posts, read 609,368 times
Just try to be there for your hubby whenever he needs you, even a month, year or however long. There really aren't words to console someone with. Sorry, call me, what can I do, etc.. is all people can offer, however, you need to listen or talk to him when he wants, watch over him. Let him figure his emotions out, but let him know you are always there. I am very sorry for you & your hubby. Try to remember that time will make things easier, not better just easier. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your hubsands loss.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:25 PM

169 posts, read 487,852 times
I am truly sorry this happend. My SIL's sisters husband commited suicide in January. My prayers are with you and your family. Be there for hubby as much as possible.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:47 PM

25,136 posts, read 24,047,308 times
Thank you so much, everybody.

I am so very sorry to hear about all the other suicides people are talking about here. God, how awful...I am sorry.

My husband's family has decided now that it wasn't a suicide and I'm going to let them.

****THIS PART IS A LITTLE DISTURBING****

I keep typing that because I don't want to throw disturbing thoughts at anyone who would rather not see.

My sister-in-law apparently breathed CO2...where do you even get that? She put a bag over her head. My husband's family thinks it was because that's how you hold the high in, or something. I don't know much about this sort of thing. Obviously, neither does my husband's family because I'm sorry, but...well.

I'm leaving that part alone because they're hurting. Last night when my husband came home I took everyone's advice and just hugged and held him for an hour or two until he started getting sleepy. That was around 1AM. I let him talk a little and I rubbed his back. He was so close to his sisters. He was 6 when one was born, and 8 when the other was born, and they idolized them. They're both gone and I know I need to give my husband a really, really long time because I mean, my God.

Thank you all so very much for the kind words and for all the good advice. I got a hold of my peeps too because I have to be strong for my husband and his family and I wanted to lean on somebody...and everybody is being really good about it.

And I spoke to my mother-in-law and let her get some stuff out.

Hugs to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships