U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 07:28 AM

28,906 posts, read 46,614,596 times

Advertisements

I just don't understand. Why on earth wouldn't you at least want to know the names of your neighbors? Are you people just total sociopaths? What do you people do when you get home from work, sit inside and watch television eight hours before turning in? It just seems like an impoverished life if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 10:01 AM

12,941 posts, read 19,292,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I just don't understand. Why on earth wouldn't you at least want to know the names of your neighbors? Are you people just total sociopaths? What do you people do when you get home from work, sit inside and watch television eight hours before turning in? It just seems like an impoverished life if you ask me.
And becoming acquainted with the crack addicts next door would be socially beneficial how?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:32 AM

3,490 posts, read 7,367,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
And becoming acquainted with the crack addicts next door would be socially beneficial how?
You have crack addicts next door?? Sounds like you need to move to an area with better neighbors!

Old 07-21-2008, 10:35 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,148,097 times
Quote:
Not getting to know your neighbors is benifical how?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:37 AM

2,736 posts, read 5,939,557 times
I haven't but I love the idea. I'm a very open and friendly person so if a new neighbor came over and introduced themselves, I'd be happy to meet them!
With kids though, we've usually lived in neighborhoods with kids anyway and most of the time, our neighbors are very similar to us.
I had a friend who recently moved and they put little notes in their closest neighbors mailboxes introducing themselves and their kids. Alot of the neighbors then came over and introduced themselves.
I may do something like this as we are getting ready to move shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
You have crack addicts next door?? Sounds like you need to move to an area with better neighbors!
Yep. You took the words right out of my mouth.

8,415 posts, read 35,241,333 times
Quote:

What you dont like crack heads? They are so cool! They smell really nice and have great teeth. They also like to try to get into your home without having to be invited! A lot of them are mentally ill and should be hospitalized which will make for wonderfully rich conversation and experiences...oh wait...nevermind...lol

I think its just plain STUPID to knock on anyone's door you dont know. Its their house, you dont know what they are going to be doing because you are just popping in....

You can know everything you ever need to know about your neighbor just by sitting on your front porch and watching. Ask anyone over 65...well maybe 75.

I grew up in a small town and then moved to some of the roughest urban enviroments. You DONT go and knock on doors unless you want to chance something terrible to happen to you. Plain and simple. I hope you are not raising your children to be as niave and unprotected as you. Here recently a girl was stabbed to death by her neighbor in her apt because she opened up the door to him. I would rather have cancer than scissors in my throat or an AIDS shl8ng up my arse.

Life is a buffet and it isnt all good stuff.

It really amazes me how niave people are.
No wonder serial killers and the likes are so successful.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Well, knowing that your neighbors are crack addicts would be useful information, don't you think?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:39 AM

2,736 posts, read 5,939,557 times
Quote:

Yes, I totally don't understand this mentality. I guess if you live in a scary neighborhood, then it's different. I want to know my neighbors and we all look out for each others properties if someone isn't home.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:39 AM

8,415 posts, read 35,241,333 times
Quote:
Yep. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Again niave!

Its the city and welcome to its rich diversity.

Where you can do more than talk to your stupid neighbors that only want to use you for stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships