Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
maybe she thought you were hitting on her...
Well, I mentioned I was divorced and she was also going through a divorce, so I figured there was no need to specify sexual orientation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 02:45 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And even if this is the case, we live right next door to each other for cryin' out loud... I didn't try anymore because who knows... I may be considered a stalker...
I heard about this lady - she was brutally attacked when she went next door to welcome some new neighbors, so she lost interest in society and is now living with the wildlife in Big Sur.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I heard about this lady - she was brutally attacked when she went next door to welcome some new neighbors, so she lost interest in society and is now living with the wildlife in Big Sur.
Oh, c'mon... we spent a couple of hours talking before either one of us was living there - in a "safe" setting.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Oh, c'mon... we spent a couple of hours talking before either one of us was living there - in a "safe" setting.
Oh, OK - different lady.

THIS one probably thought about your conversation and went into the Witness Protection Program...

Old 07-22-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Oh, OK - different lady.

THIS one probably thought about your conversation and went into the Witness Protection Program...
This has to be IT! Doesn't everybody...?!

Old 07-22-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
This has to be IT! Doesn't everybody...?!
Yep - especially those of us in P....

...oh, you're good. You're REAL good!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
...oh, you're good. You're REAL good!
That's what the cute Black teen with the braids just said while giving me a broad smile at an intersection. It reminds me... I've never played with braids before... somebody else's that is. I had them once done in Acapulco, but playing with your own ain't no fun. Gotta put down "play with braids" on my to-do list for when I return to innocence.

Just imagine if we shared a mother tongue! Could've dragged you out of the monastery by the tail. Fortunately, we don't. Not that I'm that good at it anymore. Time comes when you can't speak decently either one...

Old 07-22-2008, 09:06 PM

625 posts, read 4,571,432 times
I moved into my house 7 months ago...have yet to meet any of my neighbors...said "how's it going" to the guy across the street because I was headed to the mailbox and he was pulling out of his driveway with the car window down and waved at another couple across the street when I was driving out one day...I'm a single guy and everyone around me is married...I'm sure if I were also married they would have come over with a pie or something or my wife would have made me meet them by now...otherwise, I enjoy just coming home and not having to worry about dealing with my neighbors after a long day at work. I would put large wall around my property with a moat if I could, but the HOA won't allow it.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:39 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, knowing that your neighbors are crack addicts would be useful information, don't you think?
Exactly! You could be their supplier and have them pay off your mortgage with said profit.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:15 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
a lil' story for the social butterflies:

First of all, I come from a very social culture, sometimes more social than I personally need. I became asocial here because it's just a necessity for survival provided you don't wanna be committed to an institution (other than marriage…).

So, my old social self made the following attempt at neighborly relations. While our houses hadn't even broken ground, I happened to meet a future neighbor. We really hit it off and spent a couple of hours talking about the various frustrating issues we shared. She's also a single woman and I thought "hey, wonderful, a new friend in the neighborhood." We parted without exchanging phone numbers, though.

Because I decided to change my lot, my house took longer to build and we didn't move in at the same time. When I did, I looked her up on the assessor's site and tried to see her a few times. Since she never was home, eventually I left her a note reminding her of who I was and what my address and phone number are. She lives not more than 200 feet away from me. Did I ever hear from her? NO. It's like a wonderful first date not followed by a second one making you wonder why... I understand some people have enough friends and family in their lives and don't need more, but she didn't really sound like one of them. And even if this is the case, we live right next door to each other for cryin' out loud... I didn't try anymore because who knows... I may be considered a stalker...
It's OK, artsygal. You'll find your woman someday.

On a related note, you should spend Mischief Night camping in front of her house and letting her have it.

I jest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships