Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 05:17 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Creme,

I think your friend led somebody on and was creating drama by being manipulative and catty.

Think about it, why would a STALKER show up and wait for him at work when OTHER people are watching and witness to it? lol. Your friend was being an arrogant sob imo. I would have called the freakin POLICE if some stranger was stalking me at work waiting for me to get off my shift..that is why I have a hard time believing your story. Plus I know gay men well they are often petty and anti-social drama freaks.

I had a female friend that would invite me over and her roommate was very suspicious and rude towards me when I would arrive. I just didn't understand her behavior at all. I was clueless as to her rudeness. Then I imagined in my head that my "female friend" who had a steady boyfriend was pretending that I was "after her" or wanting to "get with her"...and probably told everybody involved that I wanted her and couldn't resist her. Even though I am visibly gay and out of the closet. It is sad for ALL involved when people create drama.

People are liars and create drama because their lives stink like garbage.

No, he wasn't lieing...nor was he creating drama....you have no idea of the situation...and I'm not going to go into explainations on this one...do as you wish...he is a good friend, logical and your non typical gay drama queen...well, queen yes, drama, nope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 06:05 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
creme

you should go into details so I can look out for the warning signs.

How did he get rid of the guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No, he wasn't lieing...nor was he creating drama....you have no idea of the situation...and I'm not going to go into explainations on this one...do as you wish...he is a good friend, logical and your non typical gay drama queen...well, queen yes, drama, nope!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:21 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
meeting in person pretty much works the same way
Not exactly, perhaps in a bar there is a setting where there is a "playing field" and everyone at the bar is "game". However that's why bars and the internet ain't exactly the best places to look for a relationship. It's just how unsociable our society has become. The best places to meet a friend that builds into a relationship has always been more of a casual social setting such as schools, church, a book store, coffee shop, where the goal of is not getting into someones pants the same night, "hit it and quit it" but rather there isn't a motive and rather just letting chemistry take its course.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
creme

you should go into details so I can look out for the warning signs.

How did he get rid of the guy?
he told him to get lost or he would call the police...and so did his boss....

Old 07-28-2008, 06:25 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
I wouldn't trust any sort of "classifieds" for finding friends. I'm just old fashioned that way and like to make friends in places of common interest

Old 07-28-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Not exactly, perhaps in a bar there is a setting where there is a "playing field" and everyone at the bar is "game". However that's why bars and the internet ain't exactly the best places to look for a relationship. It's just how unsociable our society has become. The best places to meet a friend that builds into a relationship has always been more of a casual social setting such as schools, church, a book store, coffee shop, where the goal of is not getting into someones pants the same night, "hit it and quit it" but rather there isn't a motive and rather just letting chemistry take its course.
your right...I have heard of some really good stories of relationship, which ended in marriage and the couples are very happy, but more so, have heard some real horror stories, from both men and women alike...

and there are a lot of gay guys out there who are married, have children, but look for flings on the side...believe me....I know this to be a fact, and their wives know nothing about it...which makes me sick

Old 07-28-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
your right...I have heard of some really good stories of relationship, which ended in marriage and the couples are very happy, but more so, have heard some real horror stories, from both men and women alike...

and there are a lot of gay guys out there who are married, have children, but look for flings on the side...believe me....I know this to be a fact, and their wives know nothing about it...which makes me sick
I feel ya, actually a friend of mine got married on Match.com and it is possible to find "internet love" but I have heard about 1000 horror stories to that 1 love story. One of which goes this girl posted an ad on CL and about 200 guys wrote her so she decides to choose 5 of them to date (playing the field once again), well on her third date she falls for this charming guy, they have a few drinks and decide to go back to her place (hit it and quit it) and well she FREAKS OUT! As it so happens this genuinely nice man happened also to be a perverted man who sent her another email of a pic of his private part. She ain't a promiscious girl either, just a lil too caught up in the moment with a man who knew how to play the game all too well. All I can say is becareful on CL.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post

I feel ya, actually a friend of mine got married on Match.com and it is possible to find "internet love" but I have heard about 1000 horror stories to that 1 love story. One of which goes this girl posted an ad on CL and about 200 guys wrote her so she decides to choose 5 of them to date (playing the field once again), well on her third date she falls for this charming guy, they have a few drinks and decide to go back to her place (hit it and quit it) and well she FREAKS OUT! As it so happens this genuinely nice man happened also to be a perverted man who sent her another email of a pic of his private part. She ain't a promiscious girl either, just a lil too caught up in the moment with a man who knew how to play the game all too well. All I can say is becareful on CL.
sheesh, feel badly for her....I met a man who said, he was actually stalked by a woman and couldn't get rid of her...

another told me, he started dating this girl, and one night, she flips out and goes after him with a knife...she cuts him, he called the cops and moved...I don't believe he ever tried the dating scene again...

actually to be candid, I dated a lot of men...only met 2 that would have been candidates to further explore, but decided to stop dating, because of the bad experiences I had.

I was warned by a male friend to be very very careful...I was naive...

Old 07-28-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
sheesh, feel badly for her....I met a man who said, he was actually stalked by a woman and couldn't get rid of her...

another told me, he started dating this girl, and one night, she flips out and goes after him with a knife...she cuts him, he called the cops and moved...I don't believe he ever tried the dating scene again...

actually to be candid, I dated a lot of men...only met 2 that would have been candidates to further explore, but decided to stop dating, because of the bad experiences I had.

I was warned by a male friend to be very very careful...I was naive...
Interesting, so you are scarred for life?

Just kidding, but are you actively searching elsewhere or waiting or done?

I would never do CL or Match again, personally though I have went on 3 very wonderful dates from Eharmony, although one date I was not interested in she was really sweet, the other gal well we did date seriously for a while but she was older and she wasn't even divorced! It was complicated, I didn't blame it on her, but I didn't like drama. The third I guess the gal didn't like me, she was a bit young, but VERY CUTE! I would not mind a fourth date on eharmony, but I am not actively searching, you never know what you'll get right.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
lol that was easy

Quote:
he told him to get lost or he would call the police...and so did his boss....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships