U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 12:43 AM

2,397 posts, read 5,845,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
seen you at your worst lol....ummm right
To clarify...someone who has seen me at my worst behavior and still wants to be my friend.

Sheesh! Some people are just sooooo obtuse!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 07:06 AM

673 posts, read 2,445,480 times
- Equally invested
- Nurturing
- Fun
- Grounded

Old 08-19-2008, 07:54 AM

5,077 posts, read 13,035,012 times
My picks...
Have to have a good self image
sense of humor
able to laugh at themselves
game for most anything
brutally honest
to the point
sarcastic in a funny way
fun
loves life
no drama
not clingy and overly emotional
independent
well balanced

Old 08-19-2008, 04:04 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,332,957 times
I am not obtuse. I'm just saying I don't know many people that are like that....see me at my worst and still wanna go out for drinks ROTFL....they usually never make eye contact with me ever again after I screech at them like a banshee....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
To clarify...someone who has seen me at my worst behavior and still wants to be my friend.

Sheesh! Some people are just sooooo obtuse!

Old 08-19-2008, 04:05 PM

That sounds like most of the people I know. Very serious and rarely laugh unless they are in a large group of laughing people and will laugh just to "fit in"....yugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content_Christian View Post
My friends have to be trustworthy, and they have to be funny. It's very hard for me to be around people who don't like to laugh or have to be serious all the time.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:05 PM

2,397 posts, read 5,845,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I am not obtuse. I'm just saying I don't know many people that are like that....see me at my worst and still wanna go out for drinks ROTFL....they usually never make eye contact with me again after I screech at them....
Yikes! You must really be awful!

Old 08-20-2008, 12:01 AM

14,752 posts, read 28,526,748 times
A great question and one that, over the years, I have actually identified the common qualities all my long-term friends possess:
1) Intelligence
2) Lack of pretense (even if they have some "plum" sheepskins)
3) Can put up with my irreverent sense of humor and/or have that type of sense of humor themselves

Old 08-20-2008, 07:56 AM

4,739 posts, read 7,546,351 times
Fun energetic comfortable people.
For women no fake leopardskin clothes in their wardrobe.
For Men no one that dresses in all black.
Witty
People that can have a few drinks without a major personality change.
Interesting conversation.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:44 AM

28,906 posts, read 46,614,596 times
Somebody who has a really nice sailboat in the Virgin Islands and a private jet. Hahah.

Actually, my friends are all funny people who have their heads screwed on straight and are loyal. My wife tells me that I have a tendency to want to save people from themselves, so for a long time I had a bunch of neurotic crisis-ridden people in my life.

Then, several years back, I realized that a person with ongoing drama in his or her life is that way because it's self-inflicted--meaning it's his or her own damned fault. So, when I stopped being the always-available Mr. Fixit, they all vanished in pursuit of new dupes. And I started making a new set of friends.

Much happier now.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:49 AM

aw. you sound like a kind soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Somebody who has a really nice sailboat in the Virgin Islands and a private jet. Hahah.

Actually, my friends are all funny people who have their heads screwed on straight and are loyal. My wife tells me that I have a tendency to want to save people from themselves, so for a long time I had a bunch of neurotic crisis-ridden people in my life.

Then, several years back, I realized that a person with ongoing drama in his or her life is that way because it's self-inflicted--meaning it's his or her own damned fault. So, when I stopped being the always-available Mr. Fixit, they all vanished in pursuit of new dupes. And I started making a new set of friends.

Much happier now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships