U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 07:32 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,684,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I think that someone is SifuPhil. I see a cyber wedding happening in the near future.
You are on your game tonight, Artsy!!

She will find someone when she least expects it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 07:42 PM

42,837 posts, read 78,867,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Cybil had Sally Field in it and she had several personalities...nevermind...the joke is gone once it has to be explained... I'll try again later
Sorry.

Quote:
Pollyanna says(sort of like Confucius)- there is someone out there for Sierra. Just be patient and see....
I'm as patient as it gets since I'm not looking for anybody. Granted, the thought of visiting a hotel bar has crossed my mind , since you can find the best men - here today; gone tomorrow!

Quote:
I think that someone is SifuPhil. I see a cyber wedding happening in the near future.
Artsy, I know you dislike me, but do you hate poor Sifu, too?! You wanna see us both dead...?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:45 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,321,748 times
show of hands for cyber wedding.......... just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sorry.

I'm as patient as it gets since I'm not looking for anybody. Granted, the thought of visiting a hotel bar has crossed my mind , since you can find the best men - here today; gone tomorrow!

Artsy, I know you dislike me, but do you hate poor Sifu, too?! You wanna see us both dead...?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Sorry.

I will have to put my foot sown if you start talking about hotel bars again
I only wear a size 7 but it is big enough to put an end to hotel bars

Old 09-01-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
I will have to put my foot down if you start talking about hotel bars again
I only wear a size 7 but it is big enough to put an end to hotel bars
Why, Mom?

Old 09-01-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Why, Mom?
Because I said so!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Because I said so!!!
Why did you say so...?

Old 09-01-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Why did you say so...?
Well, I just thought it was a motherly thing to say

How bout this one " wait til your dad gets home!"

Old 09-01-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Well, I just thought it was a motherly thing to say

How bout this one " wait til your dad gets home!"
He'll probably doze off before I head to the hotel bar!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:26 PM

1,874 posts, read 6,886,302 times
Quote:
Exactly why bother? If they are that passive aggressive and anti-social to not invite you, then they probably spread gossip too or told the other neighbors you were invited but refused to show up making you look bad. Seriously, adults can be that petty and selfish.

You hit the nail on the head. We were very close to our neighbors went to every event possible, out to dinners on and on. One night we came home and they were having a huge party with several people in the neighborhood. Something we usually were invited to. The next morning at the bus stop no one would be friendly to me or most would not even talk to me. By afternoon one neighbor told me she "felt sorry for me" The next day the neighbor that was our friends 5 year old daughter told me that their mommy told her that "my daughter (age 8) was a liar)" This occured 6 months ago and to this day we have no clue what happend and they won't speak to us. Neighbors are cordial but stand offish. I would like to move but DH refuses. We are baffled but whatever happend or whatever they think happend they were sure quick to spread it around to everyone else. The way I look at it is this.....the saddest part is that everyone else took their word for it and did not even try to hear our side (which I have no idea what our side is since I have no idea what caused this) we have plenty of good friends that want to be with us that we enjoy. Life is too short to dwell on people who are that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships