U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:23 AM

3,662 posts, read 7,515,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
To some people this IS fun! Personally, I enjoy getting all dolled up and spending time with my friends going shopping and out to lunch. That is fun for me. I also compete in ballroom dance, which allows me to get REALLY dressed up.
I would have never guessed that from your name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 05:26 AM

3,662 posts, read 7,515,800 times
Seriously, maybe his neighbors are prejudice white people, since he stated he was African American. It could be a completely different reason they are not talking to him that he belives it to be.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:07 AM

203 posts, read 831,952 times
Default whole lotta silly goin on

I think i find it more intriguing why some people get all bug eyed and drool at the mouth when there's anyone in the vicinity who's preceived as being rich/powerful.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:56 AM

603 posts, read 2,104,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overtaxedunderpaided View Post
I think i find it more intriguing why some people get all bug eyed and drool at the mouth when there's anyone in the vicinity who's preceived as being rich/powerful.
That's why soap operas are so popular! Think Victor Newman from the "Young and the Restless". An article I read in Sports Illustrated said all these professional athletes were obsessed with Victor Newman and the coaches had to make sure they allowed time for "Young and the Restless" viewing during practice! The OP has a real live soap opera going on across the street.
To the OP, it may seem like the neighbors have this perfect life, but chances are, they probably have some drama going on....My friend always says-these type of lives comes with a high price tag. Who knows, the husband could be cheating on the wife all the time, maybe even passed along an STD or knocked up some 20 something on one of his business trips and now she's going after him for child support and the wife is so depressed because he won't stop cheating that she has to undergo plastic surgery, shop for hours on end, meet with the personal trainer 5 days a week just so she can get her husband to pay attention to her.......that would be a good plot, wouldn't it?

Old 09-14-2008, 04:30 PM

283 posts, read 674,082 times
i think this is the most entertaining thread i've read on the message board so far! keep it coming
personally i wouldnt envy or pity her lifestyle, i'd enjoy looking at her and her friends too if they were pretty, but i'd just live my own life! i dont think that all neighbours are meant to be friends, i'm not always too friendly with mine, it just depends on what kind of people they are and if i have anything in common with them. there's nothing worse than having to be stuck in a social situation with people you dont want to hang out with. just be polite and friendly and i'm sure the couple across the street would be friendly back eventually.

we can judge the OP but come on, in our culture we are ALL fascinated with the beautiful, successful and popular people. we wouldn't have any celebrities if we weren't. so can you really blame him for wondering? who wouldnt want to be more beautiful, more rich or more popular if they had the chance? and as to the posters who say those people have a shallow and empty/unhappy existence, what a load of crap.. why would you assume that? smells like envy

Old 09-14-2008, 05:56 PM

485 posts, read 1,658,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrals View Post
i think this is the most entertaining thread i've read on the message board so far! Keep it coming
personally i wouldnt envy or pity her lifestyle, i'd enjoy looking at her and her friends too if they were pretty, but i'd just live my own life! I dont think that all neighbours are meant to be friends, i'm not always too friendly with mine, it just depends on what kind of people they are and if i have anything in common with them. There's nothing worse than having to be stuck in a social situation with people you dont want to hang out with. Just be polite and friendly and i'm sure the couple across the street would be friendly back eventually.

We can judge the op but come on, in our culture we are all fascinated with the beautiful, successful and popular people. We wouldn't have any celebrities if we weren't. So can you really blame him for wondering? Who wouldnt want to be more beautiful, more rich or more popular if they had the chance? And as to the posters who say those people have a shallow and empty/unhappy existence, what a load of crap.. Why would you assume that? Smells like envy
genius reply!

Old 09-14-2008, 09:14 PM

283 posts, read 674,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
genius reply!
just defending a fellow voyeur joke!

Old 09-14-2008, 09:16 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,692,532 times
Envy is one of the least attractive personality traits one can have. Be happy that your neighbor is happy.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:22 PM

2,779 posts, read 6,797,060 times
Quote:
I am fascinated with the lady who lives across the street. She is one of the beautiful people who seems to have it all. Her husband is super good looking and works as an executive at a Fortune 500 Company. He makes so much money that his wife does not have to work and is a full time Mother.

When the kids are at school a variety of beautiful women come by and visit her and then she will drive off with them and do lunch. I see her with a large group of fancy looking women at the local Starbucks all the time. I also see that she is always coming back from the fancy mall with bags of clothes. She seems to be part of the idle rich who lunch, socialize and shop all the time.

What really impresses me is how many friends she has. A new fancy friend is coming by nearly every day. All her friends seem to be really fancy and incredibly poised. They are all so well dressed. I suspect other wives of local executives.

Do you pity or admire the social life of this type of women?
You sure she isn't selling drugs?

Old 09-14-2008, 09:32 PM

2,779 posts, read 6,797,060 times
Quote:
If you saw these people, I expect that you would be fascinated also. These are truely the "beautiful people" It seems like they have the best friends in the world. I have never seen anyone with so many friends. Just last week they had a pool party and I am sure that every beautiful person in the area were invited. When her friends come by there is alot of hugging and kissing, just like a Hollywood Party.

Watching these people is better than a TV show.
Are they Greek?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or