Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:54 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,660,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
I am fascinated with the lady who lives across the street. She is one of the beautiful people who seems to have it all. Her husband is super good looking and works as an executive at a Fortune 500 Company. He makes so much money that his wife does not have to work and is a full time Mother.

When the kids are at school a variety of beautiful women come by and visit her and then she will drive off with them and do lunch. I see her with a large group of fancy looking women at the local Starbucks all the time. I also see that she is always coming back from the fancy mall with bags of clothes. She seems to be part of the idle rich who lunch, socialize and shop all the time.

What really impresses me is how many friends she has. A new fancy friend is coming by nearly every day. All her friends seem to be really fancy and incredibly poised. They are all so well dressed. I suspect other wives of local executives.

Do you pity or admire the social life of this type of women?
You must have money also if you live across the street from her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 05:18 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,938,285 times
Quote:
I pity her neighbor for being so nosy and jealous. I havent heard anyone use the term "fancy" when describing people since Granny on Beverly Hillbillies. "Her new fancy friends....", "shopping at the fancy mall......." "...Starbucks with fancy looking women" why dont you just fancy yourself up and go over and talk to them next time you're in Starbucks.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:19 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,923,469 times
Start off by waving and saying "hi". Then progress to a conversation at another time.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:21 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,008,835 times
Quote:
I am fascinated with the lady who lives across the street. She is one of the beautiful people who seems to have it all. Her husband is super good looking and works as an executive at a Fortune 500 Company. He makes so much money that his wife does not have to work and is a full time Mother.

When the kids are at school a variety of beautiful women come by and visit her and then she will drive off with them and do lunch. I see her with a large group of fancy looking women at the local Starbucks all the time. I also see that she is always coming back from the fancy mall with bags of clothes. She seems to be part of the idle rich who lunch, socialize and shop all the time.

What really impresses me is how many friends she has. A new fancy friend is coming by nearly every day. All her friends seem to be really fancy and incredibly poised. They are all so well dressed. I suspect other wives of local executives.

Both actually... I admire it until you find out that the person is really hollow inside.. but on the flip side.. she could be a magnificent person ...

I have seen some rather obnoxious well to do people out there.. but on the flip side she could be well put together and just keeps herself busy since the husband is always at work? (or so I assume) But to really know .. I would have to know this person myself...

Old 09-10-2008, 06:10 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,018,607 times
Okay, I must admit it ... I am envious of all the fancy people on these here forums. They seem to be on here at all hours of the day and night - discussing a variety of topics! And you just know these forum folks are fancy because they are on here day and night - not working - typing away on their fancy computers!

Old 09-10-2008, 06:33 PM

98 posts, read 334,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
You must have money also if you live across the street from her.
My thoughts too. If the husband is so rich they must live in a upscale neighborhood and in order for you to live ACROSS the street you must live in the same UPSCALE neighborhood. Are you jealous that she has friends or because she doesn't have to work. There must be more to it than her having a social life. Maybe its your lack of a social life. Are you one of those curtain peekers?

Old 09-10-2008, 07:26 PM

24,835 posts, read 37,322,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Okay, I must admit it ... I am envious of all the fancy people on these here forums. They seem to be on here at all hours of the day and night - discussing a variety of topics! And you just know these forum folks are fancy because they are on here day and night - not working - typing away on their fancy computers!
Most of mine is from the back of a well rig.

Right now I am waiting to meet a customer.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:48 PM

754 posts, read 1,448,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilll View Post
Funny, I thought she was describing the life of a Madam. It just sounds so much like the lifestyle of what I've seen described in past news reports relayed by neighbors of people that were arrested for such activities. Not that this is in anyway what's going on, its just the first thing that popped into my head while reading this tale.
I thought the exact same thing. I don't care how many friends you have they don't tend to be in and out of your home all day long!! That is a little peculiar. However, I think the OP who obviously doesn't work (how else would she know who's coming and going all day long) and lives in a nice home herself is just probably really, really bored or not satisfied with something in her life which is why she's glamorizing the neighbors life. Remember, the grass always looks greener. Not to be preachy but it's also important to count your OWN blessings. Maybe you could try doing some volunteer work at a hospital somewhere or maybe a neighborhood school or something. I went through a period of my life when I was depressed and I did some work with the homeless and started working with people who had HIV, and it took me no time to remember just how really, really blessed I am.

Envy is almost always signal that there's something going on within us. So I say either strike up a friendship with the neighbor or find some friends of your own and get out there and find whatever it is that will make you happy.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:15 AM

485 posts, read 1,839,212 times
Default From the OP:

I work from home one day a week and like to goof off and I can see the comings and goings of the "fancy" women across the street from my computer room. I usually go out and walk around every day and see her and her beautiful husband and kids then. Both my wife and I have said hello to that beautiful couple and did not get the time of day. They are way to fancy to deal with trash like us! (just joking)

Last edited by Refugee56; 09-11-2008 at 06:19 AM..

Old 09-11-2008, 05:50 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,660,400 times
Quote:
I work from home one day a week and like to goof off and I can see the comings and goings of the "fancy" women across the street from my computer room. I usually go out and walk around every day and see her and her beautiful husband and kids then. Both my wife and I have said hello to that beautiful couple and did not get the time of day. They are way to fancy to deal with trash like us!
Why would you put yourself down like that? Do not EVER belittle yourself in comparison to other people. Who cares what they have or don't have. How do you know if they are truly happy with that life. If it is going to bother you that much to see them maybe you should move to a area where you feel more comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships