Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:49 PM

904 posts, read 2,873,568 times

Advertisements

I know the type. Usually it is all about appearances and upkeep. Half the time those with the perfect looking lives are the most miserable.
My friends and I call them the, "pretty people" in our home town. We know most of them casually but are not "in". They don't seem to mind including my crowd when they need someone to help out in the classroom or at the school carnival. Amazing how "in" we are then.

Oh, and those were the mean girls in high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 02:22 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
I am fascinated with the lady who lives across the street. She is one of the beautiful people who seems to have it all. Her husband is super good looking and works as an executive at a Fortune 500 Company. He makes so much money that his wife does not have to work and is a full time Mother.

When the kids are at school a variety of beautiful women come by and visit her and then she will drive off with them and do lunch. I see her with a large group of fancy looking women at the local Starbucks all the time. I also see that she is always coming back from the fancy mall with bags of clothes. She seems to be part of the idle rich who lunch, socialize and shop all the time.

What really impresses me is how many friends she has. A new fancy friend is coming by nearly every day. All her friends seem to be really fancy and incredibly poised. They are all so well dressed. I suspect other wives of local executives.

Do you pity or admire the social life of this type of women?
What you may not realize is that, inside, they've all stripped down to bras and panties for tickle fights.

That being said, I neither envy nor despise them. I really have a problem with those who take issue with the SAHMs just because they exist. To me, keeping the household going, taking care of the kids, dealing with the daily mound of homework, etc., is an honorable existence in and of itself.

Now where I do have a problem is when SAHMs complain about their lives, or spend their lives swinging a tennis racket while the household duties are not attended to and the hubby is busting his nuts to make money. I have a friend whose wife spend her entire day hanging out with her friends, while the house was a wreck, the laundry wasn't done, the kids were struggling in school, and a Stouffer's frozen dinner was being served every night. No, she wasn't banging the tennis pro, but she was hanging out with friends, not holding up her end of the bargain, either.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:20 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
i would not envy them one bit.
its all apperances.
they could be the most shallow people or they could be the most profound people. either way i am not interested in strangers lives (outside of CD that is).
i preoccupy my time with my relations and with my people. why worry about others?

if i didnt have friends or other people around maybe i would feel like i had to envy them. but i dont. i have good friends. and tho we are not in the higher echelons of society, we are very good friends and thats what matters most.

i am fortunate to have a tight group of friends. male and female. we have grown up together and are seeing our kids grow up together. i couldnt ask for more. would other people envy me and this group? possibly. but that doesnt interest me. it shouldnt interest you either.

and as a neighbor you should be friends with them. im friends with my neighbors.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:41 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Funny, when I hear of people coming and going all day, my first thought? Drugs. Yep, they are selling drugs. Lots of people, good money.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:47 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Are you joking? Because you might have a point. In most neighborhoods you never see rich folks flaunting. They are usually very private and more reclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Funny, when I hear of people coming and going all day, my first thought? Drugs. Yep, they are selling drugs. Lots of people, good money.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:51 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Are you joking? Because you might have a point. In most neighborhoods you never see rich folks flaunting. They are usually very private and more reclusive.
No. Those are the deliveries, not the customers.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
I am fascinated with the lady who lives across the street. She is one of the beautiful people who seems to have it all. Her husband is super good looking and works as an executive at a Fortune 500 Company. He makes so much money that his wife does not have to work and is a full time Mother.

When the kids are at school a variety of beautiful women come by and visit her and then she will drive off with them and do lunch. I see her with a large group of fancy looking women at the local Starbucks all the time. I also see that she is always coming back from the fancy mall with bags of clothes. She seems to be part of the idle rich who lunch, socialize and shop all the time.

What really impresses me is how many friends she has. A new fancy friend is coming by nearly every day. All her friends seem to be really fancy and incredibly poised. They are all so well dressed. I suspect other wives of local executives.

Do you pity or admire the social life of this type of women?
MAN, You sure are a nosey neighbor. You see all the comings and goings of your neighbor and read the names on her shopping bags and see that she hangs out a Starbucks. I wouldnt want you for a neighbor.

Why dont you just go over and introduce yourself to her? Make friends than you can hang out as well.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:56 PM

85 posts, read 334,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

Funny, I thought she was describing the life of a Madam. It just sounds so much like the lifestyle of what I've seen described in past news reports relayed by neighbors of people that were arrested for such activities. Not that this is in anyway what's going on, its just the first thing that popped into my head while reading this tale.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:06 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilll View Post
Funny, I thought she was describing the life of a Madam. It just sounds so much like the lifestyle of what I've seen described in past news reports relayed by neighbors of people that were arrested for such activities. Not that this is in anyway what's going on, its just the first thing that popped into my head while reading this tale.
Sure, sex and drugs. I can see that.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:07 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
You have too much time on your hands if you give a rip about your neighbors circle of friends...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships