Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
If things dont go well they want to blame you. .
I learned at least this lesson from my mother and rarely give strong advice... if any at all. It's only strong when I'm pretty sure the situation is close to being dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 01:43 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,520 posts, read 6,327,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I learned at least this lesson from my mother and rarely give strong advice... if any at all. It's only strong when I'm pretty sure the situation is close to being dangerous.

Thats usually when its the most dangerous for you.
Im guilty of offering my two cents if I feel strongly about something tho too.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Thats usually when its the most dangerous for you.
Im guilty of offering my two cents if I feel strongly about something tho too.
Maybe I didn't explain it right as I was in a hurry. I mean, I usually don't care to offer advices when it comes to obvious things like a spouse being a drunkard, cheater, physical abuser, etc. (everybody chooses how to deal with such situations), but I'd stick my nose when it comes to invisible and hard to comprehend signs which are not intuitive unless you've had the same experience, particularly if the mistake is only in the making and not already made. Guess I feel like saving another soul from a predicament you're familiar with is worth the typing... Oh, who am I kidding... I can't save myself even though I know it. Then again, that person may be smarter, more practical, and less destructive than I am, so it's worth a try. It kinda depends on my mood. Sometimes I just say: wth, I can't save the world.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Maybe I didn't explain it right as I was in a hurry. I mean, I usually don't care to offer advices when it comes to obvious things like a spouse being a drunkard, cheater, physical abuser, etc. (everybody chooses how to deal with such situations), but I'd stick my nose when it comes to invisible and hard to comprehend signs which are not intuitive unless you've had the same experience, particularly if the mistake is only in the making and not already made. Guess I feel like saving another soul from a predicament you're familiar with is worth the typing... Oh, who am I kidding... I can't save myself even though I know it. Then again, that person may be smarter, more practical, and less destructive than I am, so it's worth a try. It kinda depends on my mood. Sometimes I just say: wth, I can't save the world.
THATs okay. I cant save me either. Im already going to Hell in a Handbasket. I got an extra one if you care to join me.

I know what you mean about offering obvious advice. Altho sometimes Id like to say if youre not going to DO something about it then quit complaining about it.
I dont think Id be able to be quiet about wife beating tho. No. Im sure I wouldnt.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
THATs okay. I cant save me either. Im already going to Hell in a Handbasket. I got an extra one if you care to join me.
Oh, you must've missed the memo. That's exactly where I'm headed, too, and I prefer it anyway - hot and more fun!

Old 09-12-2008, 02:59 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
So you both have the fast pass to hell??? Sounds like a blast!

Old 09-12-2008, 03:53 PM

No fast pass for me thank you very much. I hate the frippen heat. I plan on waiting till Im a hundred and three. Maybe then Ill be old and appreciate the heat.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:06 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
That's exactly where I'm headed, too, and I prefer it anyway - hot and more fun!
But you already live there!

Old 09-12-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
But you already live there!
Not quite. I believe in hell you can have your smoke in peace.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:06 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Robert,

Why are you near them? Do you have to work in a team with them or live with these type of folks that you mentioned? If so, I feel so sorry for you because people like that are so irritating.
The last one was is a co-worker whose office is around the corner from mine. I think he got the idea that he didn't need to look for houses for me anymore since he constantly rummages real estate sites.

One lady was in my same line of work. It was my fault. Most of my friends are in other fields, so I overlooked some of the irritants because they were spaced further apart. Now, in the last 6 months, her irritants were spaced closer together. Interestingly enough, her marriage (to a real a$$) has been worsening during this time. It had built up and I finally unloaded on her. There is no more friendship. No loss.

The last one is a friend of my Mom's who can sit in Mom's breakfast nook to have coffee with her and tell you this and that - yet is the LEAST qualified person on ANYTHING, but deep down, I think she is aware that she is a dolt. My Mom and her drifted so I don't have to see her anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships