U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:34 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,467,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I'd go to the boss and explain the situation. You'll be doing something to correct it but without beind directly involved.
And the boss asks you the status report on your progress and the progress report on your status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 780 times
i work with a guy that STINKS SOOOO BAD!!!! we have went to the superviser to get the problem fixed n that wasnt working so we went to the store one day and got him body soap deoterant after shave and even a face rag n towel. we sat it on his desk befor he had came in to work the next day with a note that said " To:Jeff" when he got in he opened it and through it acrossed the room. so apparently that didnt work out so we went back to the superviser n he called him upstairs a few hours later n told him the guys excues was that his shoes were wet n smelled so the boss speryed his shoes with some lemon stuff... the next day he came back to work smelling hair all greasy same cloths he had had on all week ( keep in mind it is now thursday) so i went out at lunch that day to walmart n got some ferbreeze and sprayed the area he said man somthing smells good... rude me saids yea n it ant you !! but need less to say he still smells n dirty looking n wears his cloths for days n day with out washing then i swar i think he sleeps n them to ...

Old 07-28-2010, 02:50 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,452,018 times
In affairs like this, always leave it to your boss.

Even if the BO guy is in the "wrong", he would only take offence and target/sabotage you if you confront him on it. And it's not not meant facetiously. Work is a cut-throat place and you should CYA in all activities.

Tell the situation to your boss and let him/her handle it.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:03 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,443,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
This is ridiculous. Your office needs to employ room fresheners, air conditioning and recommended ventilation.

It's impossible to smell anything unless you go sniffing or someone gives you a goodbye hug.
Trust me if someone has BO you can smell it from faaaaaaaaar away. Do you remember the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry's car still had that funky smell in it days after someone who had BO sat in it? MUTANT BO.

Last edited by KylieEve; 07-28-2010 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: .

Old 07-28-2010, 03:17 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,452,018 times
Heaven help all of your career advancement hopes.

Learning how to handle people is key.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,752,948 times
Just be thankful that you live in modern times. A few centuries ago people didn't even have the facilities to take a daily bath or shower and deodorant or soap as we know it hadn't even been invented yet. I would think that the stench would have been unbearable but since everybody stank I guess that people just got used to it.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:15 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,209,775 times
My coworker breath smells like the pits of hell. His entire cube smells. He sits next to his partner and his cube smells, if he's talking to him. We have the cubes with the shorter walls. He has this nasty looking beard. OMGosh! If I need him for anything, I email him.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:55 PM

16,227 posts, read 22,534,300 times
I had to work across the table from this girl once, and she was known for her bad breath, but I didn`t think anything about it....until that day!!
It smelled like rotton teeth, just a bad odor..pewwww!!! I took it for about 20 minites, and then had to walk away...it made me sick to my stomach.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:20 PM

40,180 posts, read 39,730,739 times
There's this dude in my office, he's a nice enough guy, but he wears too much aftershave/cologne whatever it is.

The thing that sucks too, is he wears that old school shyt, the stuff pops used to wear, IDK, Old Spice or Brute33, something.

Anyways he apparently doesn't have any friends or a wife cause somebody should be telling this guy to take it down a few notches.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:13 PM

16,227 posts, read 22,534,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There's this dude in my office, he's a nice enough guy, but he wears too much aftershave/cologne whatever it is.

The thing that sucks too, is he wears that old school shyt, the stuff pops used to wear, IDK, Old Spice or Brute33, something.

Anyways he apparently doesn't have any friends or a wife cause somebody should be telling this guy to take it down a few notches.

Funny stuff! Maybe you could tell him that his aftershave smells like your Grandpa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships