U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 01:31 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,307,929 times

Advertisements

you are a kind sweet friendly person

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir_ny View Post
I don't like her. So it is not possible for me to be polite to her as she will think I want to be friends with her when I don't. And she is very well aware of this because I don't speak to her unless it is work related. So imaging getting a "nice note" saying you smell from someone who doesn't like you. I'm telling you all hell will break loose. I am going to mention it to my boss and let him handle it. thanks anyways!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 01:35 PM

335 posts, read 1,015,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
you are a kind sweet friendly person
Thanks I can be and I can be the complete opposite. Anyways this lady gets very defensive and is argumentative. And I don't need that in my life.

I wouldn't get offended if someone told me that my hygiene was off. I don't want to walk around smelling bad. But some people will get offended. And she is one of those people.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:43 PM

Is she my ex-supervisor because she stunk like she never wiped and tried to start petty arguments with me at all times. lol. Good luck with that.

Quote:
Thanks I can be and I can be the complete opposite. Anyways this lady gets very defensive and is argumentative. And I don't need that in my life.

I wouldn't get offended if someone told me that my hygiene was off. I don't want to walk around smelling bad. But some people will get offended. And she is one of those people.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:07 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,005,121 times
We ahd a problem like this at a place where I worked so ( the girl in question was a really nice prson where as the others could be catty) so before it got out of hand i went and bought some sprays and lotions on sale. Then i asked each girl to pick out there favorite
starting with the girl who had BO. No problem after that and nobodys feelings were hurt though it did cost me some money I would do it again to avoid someone with hurt feelings. I just told them it was a small thank you for there work.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:08 PM

You are a really nice person to do that. I give you credit for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
We ahd a problem like this at a place where I worked so ( the girl in question was a really nice prson where as the others could be catty) so before it got out of hand i went and bought some sprays and lotions on sale. Then i asked each girl to pick out there favorite
starting with the girl who had BO. No problem after that and nobodys feelings were hurt though it did cost me some money I would do it again to avoid someone with hurt feelings. I just told them it was a small thank you for there work.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:11 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,005,121 times
Thanks

Old 06-23-2009, 07:55 PM

2,043 posts, read 4,490,327 times
Quote:
How annoying is it to walk into the office early in the morning to encounter body odor??

I have to go thru this a every other day or so. The door is closed. And when I open it and walk thru I am bombarded with this smell. If she walks pass my desk I have funky air slap me in the face. If i have to go into the back office where her desk I walk into funky air.

how you do tell someone they smell bad without making it into a big issue?? Or is it something you just endure for the sake of a not hostile work environment? Have you ever told someone they have B.O.?? Would you want someone to tell you you have b.o.?
My cousin was friends with a female she worked with, who smelled like fish. People didn't even want to sit in the same chair she had been sitting in because of the smell she left behind. The other co-workers had a private meeting amongst themselves and designated my cousin to be the one to tell her about her odor problem since they were 'friends'. My cousin never did get up the nerve to tell her. This is a very difficult conversation to have with someone. I think its best to complain to H.R. and let H.R. handle it.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:34 PM

Is it armpit odor? bad breath? or something else like the food she eats?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:37 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,470,069 times
Quote:
How annoying is it to walk into the office early in the morning to encounter body odor??

I have to go thru this a every other day or so. The door is closed. And when I open it and walk thru I am bombarded with this smell. If she walks pass my desk I have funky air slap me in the face. If i have to go into the back office where her desk I walk into funky air.

how you do tell someone they smell bad without making it into a big issue?? Or is it something you just endure for the sake of a not hostile work environment? Have you ever told someone they have B.O.?? Would you want someone to tell you you have b.o.?
This is ridiculous. Your office needs to employ room fresheners, air conditioning and recommended ventilation.

It's impossible to smell anything unless you go sniffing or someone gives you a goodbye hug.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:39 PM

1,293 posts, read 2,892,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
This is ridiculous. Your office needs to employ room fresheners, air conditioners and recommended ventilation.

It's impossible to smell anything unless you go sniffing or someone gives you a goodbye hug.
Or.........she could SHOWER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships