Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:07 AM

50,057 posts, read 46,562,994 times

Advertisements

A buddy of mine has a wife that has a temper that is scary. I mean scary. According to him, when she is pms-ing it's egg shells in the house. When that issue isn't there it appears normal. He's said that she has threatened to leave, kick him out, gone crazy and it's always, 'What's next". I don't even want to go over to his house anymore. They are the perfect family beyond this "pms thing".

Here is the deal. How do you offer advice? They have two kids and he is worried about how it would work if they divorce. He makes more than her and I feel he is screwed on this. The kids are always the loser.

His son is good friends with my son. I'd hate to see this go down.

Who has done this? Do I just stay away from my good bud? He has asked me for advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 12:26 AM

13,783 posts, read 26,187,608 times
My input is this...be glad it is not your wife or your problem.

There is nothing you can do until your friend decides he is ready. Clearly he is not ready since he has not done anything that moves this situation forward towards divorce court.

Just be a good friend to him.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:27 AM

431 posts, read 1,306,404 times
PMS is a crazy thing. He should take a business trip 1 week out of every month. Maybe she should be on medication?? Perhaps birth control if she isn't on it...help regulate her harmones better.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:34 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,346,993 times
mind your own business....interferring with your friends/families relationships can be a bad move...I would just stay out of it if I were you

Old 09-26-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
mind your own business....interferring with your friends/families relationships can be a bad move...I would just stay out of it if I were you
True...+1

Old 09-26-2008, 01:29 AM

158 posts, read 402,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A buddy of mine has a wife that has a temper that is scary. I mean scary. According to him, when she is pms-ing it's egg shells in the house. When that issue isn't there it appears normal. He's said that she has threatened to leave, kick him out, gone crazy and it's always, 'What's next". I don't even want to go over to his house anymore. They are the perfect family beyond this "pms thing".

Here is the deal. How do you offer advice? They have two kids and he is worried about how it would work if they divorce. He makes more than her and I feel he is screwed on this. The kids are always the loser.

His son is good friends with my son. I'd hate to see this go down.

Who has done this? Do I just stay away from my good bud? He has asked me for advice.
Sounds like she needs some help.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlintheglass View Post
indeed

Old 09-26-2008, 03:38 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,728,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlintheglass View Post
Thing is, if what goes on is truly due to PMS, the wife is undoubtedly miserable also, plus knowing she's the root of the problems (if she's aware along these lines.) For sure, she's suffering too, but it's too bad it gets passed on to hubby & children.

There's so much medical help out there now for this type of imbalance; wife could look for a women's clinic which specializes in this type of treatment.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:07 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,437,003 times
This couple needs to sit down and have a serious heart-to-heart ,,but not when she is PMSing!!!

I wonder if she knows how serious he is about leaving the marriage. It seems a shame to end a marriage when medical intervention could correct the problem.

Hope they stay together...those children need two parents.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:48 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,327,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
This couple needs to sit down and have a serious heart-to-heart ,,but not when she is PMSing!!!

I wonder if she knows how serious he is about leaving the marriage. It seems a shame to end a marriage when medical intervention could correct the problem.

Hope they stay together...those children need two parents.
It isn't always healthy to stay for the kids.....
BUT then again, maybe she needs to go to a physician so they can do some bloodwork on her for the emotional imbalance she is having due to the PMS.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships