U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-08-2008, 04:01 PM

25,169 posts, read 34,515,946 times

Advertisements

I see it more like Klingons vs. Romulans.....but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
I guess you're bi-postual
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 04:10 PM

12,980 posts, read 18,992,930 times
This post is bogus. There is no way that anyone would NOT notice if someone is trans-whatevered. No way, unless you get around with a white cane.

Another reason its bogus is because you (the friend) found out about this "through the grapevine" and now wondering how to tell your friend about her roommate? Give me a break.

I say bogus bogus bogus all the way around on this.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:13 PM

13,779 posts, read 17,077,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
This post is bogus. There is no way that anyone would NOT notice if someone is trans-whatevered. No way, unless you get around with a white cane.

Another reason its bogus is because you (the friend) found out about this "through the grapevine" and now wondering how to tell your friend about her roommate? Give me a break.

I say bogus bogus bogus all the way around on this.
I'm with you...bogus, bogus, bogus.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:23 PM

5,108 posts, read 7,762,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
nope, there are goregous beautiful transgendered MTF (male to female) women who go all the time in their daily life totally unrecognized. That's the whole point, they get to live their life as a woman.

I've been around a lot of transgendered people, and the women get hit on regularly by straight men who are just plain interested in dating an attractive woman. Most of the transgendered women I've known put a whole lot more care into their clothes, makeup and appearance than other women.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:26 PM

13,779 posts, read 17,077,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
nope, there are goregous beautiful transgendered MTF (male to female) women who go all the time in their daily life totally unrecognized. That's the whole point, they get to live their life as a woman.

I've been around a lot of transgendered people, and the women get hit on regularly by straight men who are just plain interested in dating a lovely woman. Many of the transgendered women put a whole lot more care into their clothes, makeup and appearance than women who are not transgendered.
I have seen some beautiful transgenders but this post is bogus, bogus, bogus...he's trollin' , for sure!

Old 10-08-2008, 04:58 PM

391 posts, read 477,248 times
Okay well this has been a very interesting read. For the record I am a 49 yr old woman heterosexual traditional christian with my own thoughts.

I am not sure if what Woofy posted was true about him or the room mate but putting that all aside this is my opinion.

I have known all sorts GLBT. I have liked the majority. I have not had a bad experience knowing them at all. I seem to particularly enjoy feminine gay men. They have a quality of sensitivity I really enjoy but I have liked the majority of all I have known. I also know some men that are 100 times prettier as a woman than some women are so I do not believe you would always know their original physical sex.

If I were in the situation to know this roommate and her situation I would be curious. I love to know why people are the way they are. I do not care what anyone chooses. Sexual orientaion or what have you. I like people for their souls. I do not discrimminate for color, sex, or religion. I hope people are as open to me. God made us all in his image but I do not feel that is a physical image but a spiritual image. So maybe the spirit jumps into the wrong body and now science can change it. I say live and let live. Love people for who they are and not how they look. Our bodies are just our spacesuits and we will one day shed them. So love freely and be who you are. I will not judge you for these things.

Please don't judge me for my opinions.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:06 PM

What denomination of Christian are you? Because some Christians are liberal in their beliefs while most are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Okay well this has been a very interesting read. For the record I am a 49 yr old woman heterosexual traditional christian with my own thoughts.

I am not sure if what Woofy posted was true about him or the room mate but putting that all aside this is my opinion.

I have known all sorts GLBT. I have liked the majority. I have not had a bad experience knowing them at all. I seem to particularly enjoy feminine gay men. They have a quality of sensitivity I really enjoy but I have liked the majority of all I have known. I also know some men that are 100 times prettier as a woman than some women are so I do not believe you would always know their original physical sex.

If I were in the situation to know this roommate and her situation I would be curious. I love to know why people are the way they are. I do not care what anyone chooses. Sexual orientaion or what have you. I like people for their souls. I do not discrimminate for color, sex, or religion. I hope people are as open to me. God made us all in his image but I do not feel that is a physical image but a spiritual image. So maybe the spirit jumps into the wrong body and now science can change it. I say live and let live. Love people for who they are and not how they look. Our bodies are just our spacesuits and we will one day shed them. So love freely and be who you are. I will not judge you for these things.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM

391 posts, read 477,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
What denomination of Christian are you? Because some Christians are liberal in their beliefs while most are not.

I am non denominational. I may be more liberal because even though I am a Christian I am 49 and have lived and loved and lost much. I am very spiritual for many reasons but mainly life experiences.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:38 PM

Alright cool, well the GLBT community truly appreciates your support. Thank you.

Quote:
I am non denominational. I may be more liberal because even though I am a Christian I am 49 and have lived and loved and lost much. I am very spiritual for many reasons but mainly life experiences.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:41 PM

45,178 posts, read 57,278,628 times
Quote:

YOU are a true Christian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships