U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2008, 05:45 PM

9,844 posts, read 20,091,196 times

Advertisements

I'm so peeved.

My stupid cousin sent me and about 500 people on her contact list some BOLD FACED political diatribe. The first guy who replied came back with a kind but pointed request for her not to ever send him an email of that type again. Cool.

Then someone else hit reply all and wrote a second comment. OK...

Now someone else has gone and written a long-winded retort to the whole thing and how we can just watch FOX or MSNBC if we want to hear something we agree with. Or we can hit delete.

What I want to know is how can I get these people to stop replying to my stupid cousin's message? And how do I then ensure that I never hear from these people ever again?

Did I tell mention how stupid my cousin is? Don't get me started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 05:47 PM

14,997 posts, read 21,647,615 times
Just hit reply all and politely ask them to take you off the email chain. Simple...

Old 10-13-2008, 05:48 PM

15,564 posts, read 36,476,154 times
I think you should forward the email to everyone on C-D so we can ALL add our comments!

Old 10-13-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Just hit reply all and politely ask them to take you off the email chain. Simple...
I'm afraid it would perpetuate the problem. It certainly hasn't helped the first guy who asked not to get more emails.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:02 PM

926 posts, read 2,452,137 times
I would just deleate it without opening it. I know it can be irritating but if you dont want to reply all and ask them to stop replying to all then thats your only choice. Usually people oblige. If not then tell your stupid cousin-haha (your words, not mine lol) that if he doesnt get them to stop then all HIS mail is going straight to spam from now on

PS I was just trying to be funny about your cousin since you kept mentioning his "status" lol, no offense

Old 10-13-2008, 06:22 PM

My cousin really is stupid. I tried to create some sort of spam filter that would catch everyone on the list except for the few family members on it that I like. If I filtered everyone, I'm afraid I'd filter myself and my mail would get caught in a perpetual feedback mechanism and my computer would explode.

My cousin really is stupid. So are her friends.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:21 PM

1,670 posts, read 5,798,794 times
This is a problem with a lot of people. I simply let the sender know that they should do BCC when sending emails. I have offended many friends when I tell them this, but I don't want dialogue with people I don't know (unless it's CD). I personally sent emails to friends asking them to stop predicting my future if I don't pass the email along. If all fails, just delete their emails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships