U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 10:08 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,658,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Lots of GREEN of course. Oh and some gold and orange and red and purple. But NO PINK.

I dont want my Huz to dress me either. I told him if he puts me in that pastel nightgown for old ladies with the ruffle around the neck and the long sleeves with the ruffles Im coming back to get him.

Truthfully I dont want a showing. I figure anybody who really wanted to see me would have already visited me in person.
The open casket thing is creepy to me!

My husband would probably dress me in something atrocious and in the old lady shade of lavendar... See why I need to write this all down??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 10:21 PM

Location: Its easy to be a perfectionist when someone else is doing all the work.
2,230 posts, read 5,443,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
The open casket thing is creepy to me!

My husband would probably dress me in something atrocious and in the old lady shade of lavendar... See why I need to write this all down??
I dont find it creepy if theyre dressed . But the pastel nightgown thing. No Im not sleeping. And if I was I wouldnt be caught dead in that darn thing. Mostly I wear PJ's . I do have some gowns for "special" occasions. But if he puts me in one of them I do hope he does a closed casket. eek:

Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 PM

3,398 posts, read 7,120,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Has anyone heard of that company that takes the ashes and turns them into a stone and jewelry? I thought about doing that with dh. I mentioned that to my inlaws and they just about dropped dead....

Now THAT is creepy, and you are talking to someone who collects gemstones. No dead-people rocks in MY box, thank you very much.

Picture this. You're talking to a stranger or distant aquaintance about where your husband is.

Stranger: So where's your DH?

You ( holding out your finger): He's right here! Now he's my rock in more ways than one!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I dont find it creepy if theyre dressed . But the pastel nightgown thing. No Im not sleeping. And if I was I wouldnt be caught dead in that darn thing. Mostly I wear PJ's . I do have some gowns for "special" occasions. But if he puts me in one of them I do hope he does a closed casket. eek:
So no post mortem negligee's are to be worn in the casket???

Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 PM

42,837 posts, read 78,771,202 times
Quote:
there was a piece of paper that read "Dear Warden(his "pet" name for her),
This has to be the sweetest pet name I've ever heard!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
This has to be the sweetest pet name I've ever heard!
Isn't that an endearing term???

Old 10-14-2008, 10:35 PM

Location: Its easy to be a perfectionist when someone else is doing all the work.
2,230 posts, read 5,443,127 times
Quote:
So no post mortem negligee's are to be worn in the casket???
Knowing my husband its possible. I can handle it as long as I dont get gawked at by the neighbors.

I know how to keep him in check tho. Ill just threaten to bury him in some of those glow in the dark boxers and a talking fish tie. He hates that kind of stuff.

I just thought of something. Since they "adjust" stuff in the back we can wear some of our favorite "skinny" clothes. The ones were keeping just in case we lose 50 pounds.

Last edited by Cecilia_Rose; 10-14-2008 at 10:43 PM..

Old 10-14-2008, 10:36 PM

42,837 posts, read 78,771,202 times
Quote:
Isn't that an endearing term???
I'm not surprised he passed away first. You sure he died of natural causes?

Old 10-14-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Knowing my husband its possible. I can handle it as long as I dont get gawked at by the neighbors.
I fear my painting clothes or sweat pants...he would figure I'd want to be comfortable

Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm not surprised he passed away first. You sure he died of natural causes?
That's debatable...she was the only one with him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships