U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 10:59 PM

2,383 posts, read 5,505,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You can add a dunking tank, a mini feris wheel, and a petting zoo for the kids. And people will have to buy tickets to get in and use tickets to participate in the individual activities.

You can also hire clowns and a hot dog vendor.
No clowns, they are scarey.
I like the idea of having a dance contest!! I think that would be tons of fun for everyone invited!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 11:00 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,426,863 times
After the dance contest you can have a pie eating contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
I like the idea of having a dance contest!! I think that would be tons of fun for everyone invited!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:00 PM

Location: Its easy to be a perfectionist when someone else is doing all the work.
2,232 posts, read 5,463,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
this thread, has made me laugh. and also brought a few tears to my eyes.....seriously.....after the death of our son, the subject of OUR funerals, came up, the night of my son's funeral.
cremation works, just fine. No gawkers.....if ppl want to see me, they should have came around when I was alive. period. nobody will have to cut a dress up the back, so that it still fits me, 10 yrs after it was purchased. (I know that is done!!)
music? Mark Dakota....album....falllout...song? On the Day I die.....lyrics, here..
Myspace.com Blogs - Lyrics to all 11 songs on the album "Fallout" - Mark Dakota MySpace Blog

flowers?? if my g~sons pick sunflowers in the road ditches, that's just fine, with me. just NO sandburs!
cremains/jewelry/art.....I think it's cool. and gettting less expensive.(also available, for pet cremains)
Im sorry to hear about your son. I agree with you about the gawkers.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:01 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,740,590 times
Quote:
Clowns are nasty...always remind me of John Wayne Gacey!

Dance contest??? Hmmmm....Might be a good idea!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
After the dance contest you can have a pie eating contest.
See, now this is really starting to sound like fun!!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:10 PM

19,200 posts, read 8,990,536 times
so, heres another question...what does anyone know/think about ''green'' funerals/burials....no vault, wood casket, no embalming......do you think it will really happen? It was a discussion, I heard a small part of, recently...........

Old 10-14-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post

lol! John Wayne Gacey!!!
Too funny!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:11 PM

No it is not. I'm getting the hee bee gee bees.

Quote:
See, now this is really starting to sound like fun!!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:12 PM

That is what you will be dressed up as on your last day....you will have that afro wig and the make up and stupid outfit....it will be fantastic....ok not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post

Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,740,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
so, heres another question...what does anyone know/think about ''green'' funerals/burials....no vault, wood casket, no embalming......do you think it will really happen? It was a discussion, I heard a small part of, recently...........
I have heard Geogia and Washington, or Oregon have "green burials"...that is all I know about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships