Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 12:08 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times

Advertisements

i am seeing a lot of posts that say i know my family will take care of me.
i am looking at the other end of the road, that is not what i am seeing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 12:14 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,543,784 times
I don't put much thought into what would happen at my funeral. I'd be dead. Why would I care?

I'm not even sure I want people to put on a funeral for me. Basically I'd prefer that all my friends throw a big party where they blare some Pantera or Iron Maiden so loud the neighbors and cops can't stand it, while drinking a bunch of beer and smoking a bunch of weed. Maybe throw some strippers in the mix. I'd be honored.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:21 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Where are you getting your hair done?? I go to Mangos...love it!

I could use a few handshakes and signs Besides the one universal sign that I know

New Kent is nice but what about the schools? Are they good?
I go to Body Soul Zen or something like that?? It use to be called Tanglez then they changed it to this really long name that is not spelled the way that it is supposed to be spelled! Anyway, it is off of 95. My hairdresser Robert is great but he takes 3 hours to do my hair and it's kind of expensive so I may have to find some place new to go.

You know, I hear mixed reviews about the New Kent schools. I have a couple of friends who left Williamsburg for New Kent and they have been extremely happy with the elementary school there and they just built a brand new high school that is huge, but we are not too happy with our school right now so we have been looking to move out of this school district for some time now and New Kent came up as a strong possibility. You get more house for the money, but that is starting to somewhat change here. The taxes are higher in New Kent (property) so that is a negative but the neighborhood we have been looking at we fell in love with (Brickshire) so that is what keeps pulling us that direction.

We'll get together and I'll teach you some gangster signs! I'll show you how to 'throw em up high!"
"We'll ride deep and dirty" that way you get the true meaning of what being a gangsta is all about!

Old 10-14-2008, 06:41 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,529,778 times
OMG! This is about the funniest thread I've ever seen!

I'm going home after work and take out anything in my closet that hubby might dress me in.

If it were up to him....no dying during football season. He wouldn't find me until Tuesday (Monday night football) and that won't be until supper time when he's hungry.

I wouldn't even get velveeta...he'd look in the pantry and fish out so old stale crackers and tuna.

I can't even imagine the music. Either ZZ top or that old twangy country crap he likes. He'll probably dress me in either Miami Dolphin or Harley stuff. Good lord!

We joke that while we're both being cremated, he's spreading my ashes over my favorite store so he'll know where to find me.

I think I need to write things down....

Old 10-14-2008, 06:58 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,022,987 times
My mil talks about how she wants this big to do for her funeral. What she wants to wear, what song she wants, etc. I find it silly and weird. I don't care at all. I don't care if you bury me in the backyard or cook me after. I'm dead after all and I'm sure I'll be too busy doing "the other side" stuff to even notice what anyone is doing for me.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:20 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,633 times
I want to be cremated and scattered in nature. Somewhere near trees and water.
No being dressed up so that people can see me. That doesn't happen where I'm from and the whole idea of a 'showing' freaks me out.
No burial - it's too crowded anyway, i'll take up the least space possible and go back to nature.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:22 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,022,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I want to be cremated and scattered in nature. Somewhere near trees and water.
No being dressed up so that people can see me. That doesn't happen where I'm from and the whole idea of a 'showing' freaks me out.
No burial - it's too crowded anyway, i'll take up the least space possible and go back to nature.
I feel the same way. Of course the inlaws are scared I won't have a showing for my husband. When I mention cremation they cringe.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:57 AM

36,503 posts, read 30,820,705 times
If you care about your arrangements or not, Ill tell you it makes the process much easier on your family if you have everything arranged or at least written down. Before mom died she sat down with all her kids and told us what music, what color clothes, flowers, casket, every detail. When a loved one passes you are usually in such a state that making all these decisions is difficult. All my dad ever said about his arrangement is "just throw me out in the yard".
There is a sign in the funeral directors office that reads "when I die bury me at wal-mart so my wife will come and visit" so I guess thats where my brother will be put to rest. I am to be cremated and scattered over the pond.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:08 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
I'm easy. It's already in my will and planned with my husband. I'm 42 and morbid as it seems we are prepared. I want to be cremated. No funeral and no memorial. My husband's daughter will be there for him. We're a very small family.

Life goes on for the living and you have to remember and cherish all the good times you had with the deceased. For the dead "game over".

Old 10-14-2008, 08:20 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,242,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
OMG! This is about the funniest thread I've ever seen!

I'm going home after work and take out anything in my closet that hubby might dress me in.

If it were up to him....no dying during football season. He wouldn't find me until Tuesday (Monday night football) and that won't be until supper time when he's hungry.

I wouldn't even get velveeta...he'd look in the pantry and fish out so old stale crackers and tuna.

I can't even imagine the music. Either ZZ top or that old twangy country crap he likes. He'll probably dress me in either Miami Dolphin or Harley stuff. Good lord!

We joke that while we're both being cremated, he's spreading my ashes over my favorite store so he'll know where to find me.

I think I need to write things down....
See, you're in the spirit of the thread!

My husband would probably go into my costume closet to find something for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships