U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you want to die?
In an Accident 4 5.97%
While Having Sex 3 4.48%
In My Sleep 32 47.76%
I wanna die quickly! 7 10.45%
I wanna die SLOWLY 1 1.49%
Id prefer a disease 0 0%
Old Age 8 11.94%
Im going to be frozen 'til they can bring me back to life 0 0%
Im not going to die- Im immortal 8 11.94%
Other 4 5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 03:38 PM

15,564 posts, read 36,496,763 times

Advertisements

I kinda know how I'm going to die. I'm probably going to be old and senile like Cloris Leachman and acting like a total fool. The good C-D folks who have heard my pleas and have agreed to help will take me out into a parking lot somewhere and beat the living crap out of me, just like I asked them to do if they ever caught me acting like Cloris.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 03:42 PM

42,837 posts, read 78,933,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I kinda know how I'm going to die. I'm probably going to be old and senile like Cloris Leachman and acting like a total fool. The good C-D folks who have heard my pleas and have agreed to help will take me out into a parking lot somewhere and beat the living crap out of me, just like I asked them to do if they ever caught me acting like Cloris.
What are friends for? May I invite myself, too, please? It's probably a good stress-reliever.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:44 PM

15,564 posts, read 36,496,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What are friends for? May I invite myself, too, please? It's probably a good stress-reliever.
Yes - you are included in the "good folk" category, so let the @ss whuppin' begin!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 04:05 PM

42,837 posts, read 78,933,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yes - you are included in the "good folk" category, so let the @ss whuppin' begin!!!
Thank you! I'll remind you on a particularly bad day it's your time to go!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:45 PM

3,441 posts, read 4,993,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Umm....* tickle tickle*

Now I guess that makes me an accessory to murder...
That made me laugh! Wait.......heart starting to slow down.....

Old 10-17-2008, 09:26 PM

103 posts, read 455,038 times
Bit of a conundrum here...I'm torn between hoping for a quick, painless death and getting to be around to plan the whole thing out. As a control freak, I'd want the opportunity to "get my affairs in order." Of course, one should be doing this all along, but it seems to be done more earnestly when death is imminent (at least that's the case in the movies).
I'm going to go with: Die in my sleep as an old lady with all her affairs in order. Also having showered recently and wearing clean underwear.

Speaking of movies...has anyone seen Rocket Gibralter? Pretty good movie about grandkids who scheme to give their grandfather a "viking funeral" despite the protests of their parents. Saw it a long time ago, but still worth a recommendation.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:39 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,193,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
On second thought, in many cases it might be more dangerous if the decision is up to a spouse!
I realize that now!

Old 10-18-2008, 11:58 AM

12,977 posts, read 29,595,143 times
Honestly, I want to die doing something heroic honorable. Like taking a bullet for the president (doesnt matter if he's Democrat or Republican - he the PRESIDENT OF THE US), saving a child, protecting the innocent, saving a life, really just DOING WHAT IS RIGHT when no one else is willing to do so. Running into a burning building to save a baby, pushing an old lady off the train tracks before the train hits her.

Bottom line is to die doing something honorable and RIGHT!!

Old 10-18-2008, 12:37 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,679,683 times
I want to die slowly. My mother died, suddenly, in her sleep and so much was left undone. My father languished in a nursing home for 3.5 years. In the first 2.5 he made many amends. He was, unfortunatley, ready to die at that point but had another year to go. Still, I'd rather go that route and have time to tell people the things I want them to know than to leave this earth, suddenly, without closure as my mother did.

A few weeks ago, a 54 year old neighbor went in for a physical on Tuesday, was scheduled for a biopsy on Friday and died on the table from a reaction to the anesthetic (sp?). She left behind two teenaged children who are just reeling. No closure. So much left unsaid. Too young to die and died too suddenly to give family any closure.

I figure I won't care once I'm dead but my kids might appreciate time to say their good byes. They are the ones who have to live with my death. I just have to live it and move on. Death is a certainty so fast or slow it will happen. Getting it over quickly for me might mean more suffering for those I leave behind. I'd rather go slow and have time so that my loved ones are ready for my passing when I go. My only thought when my father died was that he was finally at peace. It has been 28 years since my mom died and I'm still not at peace with her death.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:59 PM

111 posts, read 326,107 times
In a plane crash, after having air force one shot down as I'm campaigning for my second term for POTUS... hee hee...
No, really...

Of course, my army boyfriend wants to die in a huge explosion!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships