U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:11 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,346,015 times

Advertisements

I don't have enough concern and sensitivity to check in on Ted's new roommate. I'm sure he is really miserable by now. He is a really really ugly gay guy too....but you know what they say about the ugly folks...they like to get their freak on....so, you never know, those two could be secretly getting it on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Not you!! I meant Ted Haggards new roommate

Last edited by artsyguy; 10-23-2008 at 11:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 11:12 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,696,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I don't have enough concern and sensitivity to check in on Ted's new roommate. I'm sure he is really miserable by now. He is a really really ugly gay guy too....but you know what they say about the ugly folks...they like to get their freak on....so, you never know, those two could be riding each other....
OMG, I cannot believe you just said that

Old 10-23-2008, 11:14 PM

Location: Its easy to be a perfectionist when someone else is doing all the work.
2,231 posts, read 5,453,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I know, I just feel guilty knowing they are lonely when there is no reason they should be.
Why would you feel guilty. Could be theyre just shy or they dont know anybody.

Off topic. But have you ever noticed that the life of the party usually has a SO whos really quiet and kinda fades into the background. Most of them are pretty fascinatig in their own right once they get a chance to talk.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post

Off topic. But have you ever noticed that the life of the party usually has a SO whos really quiet and kinda fades into the background. Most of them are pretty fascinatig in their own right once they get a chance to talk.
I feel like there are so many people in this world and there is no reason for someone to feel alone and without a place to belong...if someone does not feel lonely or want to have someone to talk to, I could care less.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:20 PM

lol my best friend in college and I were both the life of the party.....it was really fun while it lasted.

Quote:

Old 10-23-2008, 11:22 PM

Location: Its easy to be a perfectionist when someone else is doing all the work.
2,231 posts, read 5,453,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Some people don't really like social circles. I've always been more of a loner, I have a great group of close friends who I really like, but I never wanted to be part of most peoples' social groups. I just like to do my own thing, be on the fringes.
I can be social if I have to. But it doesnt come naturally. I have to work at it. And the older I get the less people I can stand all at one time.

Last edited by Cecilia_Rose; 10-23-2008 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: Nite all. Ive had all the fun I can stand. :D

Old 10-23-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I can be social if I have to. But it doesnt come naturally. I have to work at it. And the older I get the less people I can stand all at one time.
Like the bumper sticker says "The more people I know the more I like my dog" ????

Old 10-23-2008, 11:25 PM

Yes indeed. I agree ^

Old 10-23-2008, 11:26 PM

5,443 posts, read 5,861,458 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm the same way. When I was growing up my parents had a lot of parties with important political and business people, so I had to be "on my best behavior" and quickly learned how to interact with adults and be polite, conversational, etc. But that doesn't mean I like doing it that much. Give me a small gathering of a few of my best friends any day over a large social gathering.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:26 PM

519 posts, read 1,553,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
LOL how does he know about the social gatherings? Also you need to send him a text message or an email that tells him what you really think.......don't be all passive aggressive now...
Well, it has been a touchy subject .. as I had to switch offices because of him. And our boss doesn't know how to handle him either. I don't like resorting to passive aggressive behavior, but HE DOESN'T GET IT. So, instead of me taking it upon myself to try to reform him ('cause I have better things to do), I might have to take the P.A. route. But, believe me, many people have been upfront with him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships