U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 02:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,909 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle a sticky situation with a sister?

I have always been there to support my sister especially in her times of need. I was there to take care of her every time she left her husband or had another crisis. I have always been an ear for her to talk to. When others would put her down I set them straight. I would belive nothing about her without asking her first.

Now I have come to realize that all this time she has never believed me. She is more likely to believe blatant lies about me than to even bother asking me for my side. In my time of need she criticized me and put me down. She has listened to others putting me down and believed them, as well as participated.

She has been listening to someone, with whom she knows is a liar, say terrible things about me and she believed them. She never even asked me my side of the story. She claims to be a Christian but I feel like I have been stabbed in the back. Why would she be so willing to believe bad things about me? Why would she feel I would not be honest with her?

I have separated myself from her with the understanding I don’t need that kind of negative influence in my life. The funny thing is she does not even realize that is why I have separated myself from her. I was working for her until I got laid off. She believes I separated myself from her because I was laid off. There is no way to convince her of anything different since she does not believe me. I also feel I should not have to try to convice her since as my sister she should know me better than that.

We are not children. I am in my 40’s and she is in her 50’s. From this whole incident I have learned who my true friends are and where my support comes from. Surprisingly, it was not where I expected. I thought family was support but now I know differently. I have sent her an e-mail to tell her this but she does not read whole message, she just flew off the handle and was quite nasty to me including restating complete falsehoods.

But why?

Last edited by alittletime; 10-28-2008 at 02:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 02:45 PM

7,269 posts, read 9,398,592 times
That's a mighty bad copy and paste. What advice column is that from so I can read the original so my eyes don't have to keep shifting focus?

MS. - is that you?

Old 10-28-2008, 07:08 PM

926 posts, read 2,452,137 times
sheesh! She must not know the term blood is thicker than water. maybe she will know this one- tough love. Its good you seperated yourself and she will need you againt o pick up the pieces in her life but you wont be there then maybe to she learn how to really be a sister. sorry you are going through this

Old 10-28-2008, 07:45 PM

389 posts, read 1,833,735 times
my family has never been there for me. they think i deserve all the CRAP in the world. i swear, i am better off without them. i did separate myself from them too. coz they just break my heart again and again and again.. im done! im the youngest, u will think i will be spoiled and be privileged.. but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
damn them to hell. i loathe them all. with PASSION.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:09 PM

102 posts, read 416,701 times
I posted a thread about cutting ties.

This is difficult because it involves a family member, but I did cut my sister out of my life. She had nothing positive to add to my life, just drama.

Weigh the good and the bad, and you may find your answer. I do suggest though, that you get everything off your chest. You owe it to yourself to find out what might happen if she knows the truth as you feel it to be.

Good Luck to You!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:16 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,754,728 times
My sister was pregnant for the second time after getting rid of the first one. I told her that if she had a second one I would walk away from her forever. She got rid of the second one, plus she couldn't afford to keep it anyway. I have no feelings about any of the 2 exterminations, I'm actually sitting here smiling about it.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:34 PM

389 posts, read 1,833,735 times
MOVIE lover, u just made your sis a murderer. twice. I'm actually sitting here shaking my head with disgust and disbelief of your nonchalance and nerve to share your shameful story. you see it is not the babies' fault your sis is a stupid ****. abortion is not the only solution. adoption will make her money dont you know? if she continues to be a baby maker suggest that. maybe the money factor will save the future babies life stop the murder! and tell her to masturbate if she cant be a responsible *****... and so are you. shame on both of you. your post just made me mad... TWICE? TWICE?!!!!!! WTF. how heartless and brainless are both of you?!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:35 PM

918 posts, read 1,466,665 times
He's just in a bad mood I think. Read his other posts.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:39 PM

7,269 posts, read 9,398,592 times
Agreed on the above. Movie is having a poopy night. ;-)

Old 10-28-2008, 09:43 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,754,728 times
I'm not having a bad night and what I put is true. Do you want me to be remorseful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships