U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:35 AM

3,721 posts, read 3,489,208 times

Advertisements

I did a bad bad thing today. I refused to pay a bill from my ISP.... long story, but waitng for a manager to contact me so we can resolve things. I still need internet access so I drove over to my sisters house today and picked up my nieces wireless broad band thingy from T Mobile and plugged it into my computer. Problem was I couldn't get on to a UK site that I advertise on, I'm talking a flippin classified ad site that Tmobile has as content control.... people sell baby clothes, cars and advertise jobs and apartment to rent. So I call my brother in law who has the day off or is working nights whatever....he was at the house when I was there. He siad he'd get it done asap. I tell him to make it asap.

An hour later it's still not unblocked and when I called he had left. I have to tell you about my bro in law. If he told me it was snowing, I'd check first as he is one of the most unreliable persons I have known. He should have had this done months ago for my 17 year old niece, infact he told me he'd had it done.

Cut a long story short I call Tmobile myself with my sweater sleeve covering the mouth piece and with my spluttering cough and croaky flu voice I was able to give them all the info they needed. Address, post code, age and thank heavens he was born on boxing day (day after christmas) or I would never had remembered his birthday.

I'm looking for a bank to rob now

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 11:43 AM

8,262 posts, read 16,366,128 times
Dishonesty is dishonesty. Maybe your BIL had a reason for not getting it hooked up.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Dishonesty is dishonesty. Maybe your BIL had a reason for not getting it hooked up.
My brother in law is one of those people I just shake my head at. He got the account for my 17 year old niece in the summer and since then she's been trying to get the restrictions moved. You have to understand that English is not his first language and I'm not sure if it's because of that or what. He's just not a very dependeable person and is the worlds biggest procrastinator and I'd go as far as saying my sister married beneath her....call me a snob.

You'll tell him to be some where at a certain time and not only will he arrive late but he wont call to let anyone know. The thing is after he opended the account I told him he didn't have to as she could access the internet via the regular account they have with the cable company...total waste of money having to pay an extra almost $30 a month. He siad he'd cancel it as he had seven days to do it. Did he ever get round to doing it? Hell no. So every time she wants to access myspace or other sites she has to share the family computer down stairs with her younger brothers and sisters.

So you can imagine how thrilled she was when I told her what I did and is looking forward to getting her USB stick back on Friday when she's here for the weekend. I can't wait to tell him.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:49 PM

7,005 posts, read 18,622,395 times
You must have faked a very "manly voice".

Old 12-03-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
You must have faked a very "manly voice".
It was a call centre in India and I kept coughing. I also trained as a voice over artist some years ago.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:25 PM

18,433 posts, read 29,477,549 times
Not as bad as what my sister in law did to me...

I had my dd with my bf and I and she and my exdh went to my house and stood outside and called the police.

She claimed to be me and said I kidnapped my dd. No one ever questioned why she was never at any time in the house. My son wouldn't let them in and they never questioned why she was unable to get in, no key, no nothing.

Finally I get home and I go in and get the custody papers and still they question me. UGH This was this summer so its old news.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:27 PM

7,269 posts, read 9,416,383 times
Are you for hire to play Santa on the phone too? I had to do that yesterday for my new nieces and it made my voice all scratchy.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Are you for hire to play Santa on the phone too? I had to do that yesterday for my new nieces and it made my voice all scratchy.

Maybe not a good idea right now I might scare them with my coughing

Old 12-03-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Not as bad as what my sister in law did to me...

I had my dd with my bf and I and she and my exdh went to my house and stood outside and called the police.

She claimed to be me and said I kidnapped my dd. No one ever questioned why she was never at any time in the house. My son wouldn't let them in and they never questioned why she was unable to get in, no key, no nothing.

Finally I get home and I go in and get the custody papers and still they question me. UGH This was this summer so its old news.

whats a dd?

Old 12-03-2008, 07:43 PM

18,433 posts, read 29,477,549 times
dd means dear daughter. Sorry bout that./
ds is dear son
dw dear wife
dh dear husband (not in my case)
bil brother in law
sil sister in law
mil/fil mother father in law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships