Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 12:47 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times

Advertisements

What is wrong with this picture? First of all, I guess it's not true to say this person is a friend.

I have this coworker who has invited herself over to my house twice now so our doggies can play together. The first Sunday she was supposed to be here at noon. She called at 2 saying she'd gotten all busy with house cleaning, only to tell me the next day she had gone to the state fair with her BF. A couple of weeks ago she invited herself over again. I said yes again. I called her yesterday to confirm for noon today and she said she had a head cold. However, she did not say she wouldn't be here. So today I get up and clean my house and go to the grocery store so I have some snacks on hand, including a bottle of white wine I don't even drink.

Do you think she even extended me the courtesy of a phone call to say she wasn't coming? What is wrong with people these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 01:52 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
LOL Invite her to your house and leave a few times. It will stop.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
need stronger boundaries a step is missing. i dont invite you to entertain me at your home.
you do that. i can invite you to entertain you at my home. you can refuse or accept, that is an invitation.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:00 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
next time she invites herself over, just tell her that you are busy!

Old 11-30-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
need stronger boundaries a step is missing. i dont invite you to entertain me at your home.
you do that. i can invite you to entertain you at my home. you can refuse or accept, that is an invitation.
Well, you just might be right here, except her dog is trained and I am still going through potty training, which is why I would never bring my dogs over to anyone else's house. Her last day at work was Wednesday, so I guess I am just going to chalk it up to live and learn. At least my house is clean.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
A couple of weeks ago she invited herself over again. I said yes again.
It's a cliche, but it applies...

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Better ask yourself "WTH am I doing this?"

Old 11-30-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's a cliche, but it applies...

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Better ask yourself "WTH am I doing this?"
AH, I think it's more like, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, um, er we can't get fooled again. - George Bush.

I don't know why. I guess the first time around it was no big deal, as I was sick. Actually, the second time around it's no big deal either, all things considered. It is rather rude though, but just as well, as I don't need THIS kind of coworker knowing my personal business.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:09 PM

809 posts, read 2,884,476 times
I HATE people like this. I give them TWO tries. If they screw it up TWICE then I throw them out of my life........ ie I stop talking to them and I make it clear I don't want anything to do with them if they are going to be that unreliable. I've cleared out a LOT of people from my life and I am REALLY glad I did BECAUSE they were so unreliable.

I had a "friend" that TWICE she asked if I'd like to do something. We made plans, she said she'd text/call me when she was done getting ready/getting home. Only she never called or anything and when I tried to call she didn't answer. The second time she did that I left her an email TWO days after the incident stating I wanted nothing to do with her. I gave her TWO whole days to call me and say sorry or something. I never heard from her. And I never got a response back from the email.

It's just not worth it to pursue things with some people BECAUSE they are INCREDIBLY unreliable.!

Old 11-30-2008, 05:26 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
They are not really a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships