Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been asked to be "mother womb?"
Yes 7 25.00%
No 16 57.14%
Womb I have not 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:24 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
He was probably a homo, it's very fashionable in the homo culture to do that nowadays and I think it's a shame
Well, I will certainly keep in mind to ask you (the resident expert) any questions that come to mind about "the homo culture".

You should pick up a bible sometime, it might be enlightening to actually read what it says without just cherry picking out the parts involving whom to hate and despise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 07:47 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
When my Brother and SIL were having trouble conceiving, my wife offered to help. However, their marriage became really shaky and they eventually divorced.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:12 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times
I worked at a courthouse and this very attractive woman coworker turned out to be a surrogate - she was married with three kids - she told other coworkers that she had been a surrogate a couple of times before. Well, she got pregnant again (being the surrogate) and had to leave work for doctor's appointments for pregnancy checkups. It became a "scandal" at work (well, none of us had ever known anyone who had ever done this - it was all brand new to me, at least). I guess the administrators of the courthouse were livid she was doing this, getting money from this second source of income and taking time off (at the end, she was missing a lot of time off work). Anyway, they found out after scrutinizing her work application that she was not an American citizen (she was born in New Zealand and never became naturalized) so they fired her.

Myself, I would not want to be a surrogate, but I guess she helped someone else become a mother.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:50 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
He was probably a homo, it's very fashionable in the homo culture to do that nowadays and I think it's a shame
Okay. I'm going to regret asking this, but I have to ask. Please explain your logic here.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:13 AM

5,289 posts, read 1,233,054 times
I was a surrogate mom for the boy that became my godson. It was hard to let him go to his parents, even though I know that aside from my parents they are the best parents I've ever known. They have an older son, and due to some complications during his birth, she couldn't have any more kids, and they wanted at least 2.

As hard as it was, I'm also glad that I was able to do it for them. The little boy has a special place in my heart and I get to watch him grow up, without the financial responsibility of being his parent!

But, I'd have to think long and hard about doing it again. Being pregnant without the FUN part of getting pregnant is just so clinical. I wouldn't do it for just anyone. The next baby I have is going to be mine and I'm going to get to raise him/her and love them!!! But that is at least a few years off, I'm not quite ready to be a Mom yet.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:38 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
A child isn't born from the anus.
And all this time I thought my ex wife called me A**hole because this is what she thought!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:46 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
I haven't been asked, but I know a couple in Long Beach, CA that keeps getting screwed financially by scams from potential surrogates through a reputable matching site. They have lost much money. Pretty sad, they are such a great couple and would make such outstanding parents.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I have had three kids with no trouble at all getting pregnant ... I'm about as fertile as they get. I'd probably make a good surrogate, but I know I'd get too attached to the baby. Several years ago, I made an offhand comment that I could only do that for my sister or my best girlfriend if they asked me, but no one else. Since then, both of them have had a baby of their own, each with complications. My friend will never risk having another baby--hers was very premature and will have developmental issues for life--and my sister found out she has a malformed uterus and has a high risk of miscarriage and premature labor. Sis didn't find this out until she was pregnant and might never risk having another baby.

It just feels odd that I made that comment years ago and might possibly fulfill it someday. I don't think my friend wants another child, having so many issues with her daughter, but my sister does. I don't enjoy being pregnant, but I'd do it for her if asked. My body is a baby machine.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:58 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,900,631 times
Yes, but I turned them down because I'd already had two c-sections, and I would had to have another with a third baby. You can only have so many c-sections safely. We were not sure at the time if we'd have another child again some day---we didn't plan on it, but we weren't positive about it. As it turned out I did get pregnant several years later, quite by accident, so for us it was the right decision.

Sadly, less than a year after turning the couple down, the husband committed suicide. He was a close friend of ours.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:17 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
My sister asked me about 14 years ago and the answer was no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships