Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 03:29 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Here's what I don't get. Three days ago, when I had a temperature, a headache, body aches, and generally felt lousy, I went down to the Publix to buy some medicine, and other sundry stuff. At the register, I managed to say "Hello" to the cashier, say "Please" and "thank you" and "Have a nice day," and do it with a degree of pleasantness. Now if I can do that when I feel like death warmed over, why can't people do that when they're feeling perfectly fine? Seriously, how hard can it be?
It's great that you were so pleasant when obviously sick, but you probably gave at least several people the flu. Was there someone else who could have done that run for you so you could have stayed home and kept some people well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 03:46 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
It's great that you were so pleasant when obviously sick, but you probably gave at least several people the flu. Was there someone else who could have done that run for you so you could have stayed home and kept some people well?
Being exposed to germs is much better than not...it helps to mature the immune system

Old 01-08-2009, 03:53 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Well, my wife was out all day at the office, I touched nobody, used germ killer on my hands, and only used my debit card. So didn't touch anybody, breath on anybody, etc. Doubt I did.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Last night I went to the store to grab soda for my girlfriend.
Are you talking about the one who left you hanging at her door yesterday...?!

Old 01-08-2009, 05:06 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Are you talking about the one who left you hanging at her door yesterday...?!
"Dating" no ring, no commitment, no bringing home the bacon. I am right now sitting on the soda g-friends couch typing this. I'm not singular, dating one doesn't mean you can't date two, three...except a lot of women figure dating means exclusive from hello.

And yesterday was monday.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
That sounds sickening dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Being exposed to germs is much better than not...it helps to mature the immune system

Old 01-09-2009, 06:22 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
This is absolutly true. Of course they're thinking Malaria, and TB, but we're talking regular everyday stuff. And I so enjoy the responce from ^^^ because he reminds me of Monk anyway.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:54 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,743 times
Last week there was snow and it was dark and a peroxyded blonde in a brand new MiniAustin (the new version) failed to brake when I was crossing the Pedestrian Xing, so I made her brake to let me pass through, and of course she was unhappy which I can understand, maybe she was in a hurry, she lowered down her window and snapped "what's up, there's no pedestrian crossing here?" which I can also understand since there was snow covering the pavement she didn't see the white stripes (not the group lol) so I removed a little of snow with my feet and showed her the markings, she just stared at me, end of story, we each went our own way and then I heard loud behind my back "son of a *****!"

Old 01-14-2009, 06:08 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
..benifitting you?

Last night I went to the store to grab soda for my girlfriend. There was one of those women there acting slightly possesed by the devil. She had plopped her stuff down in front of the only cashier, and geez, I don't know how the poor girl could have missinterpretted it, but the silly thing began to check her out. The lady clearly wasn't done shopping! So now she's ranting around about how the dumb girl started checking her out.

I wasn't in a big hurry so I said "it's ok, take your time." She kept growling about how dumb the girl was... And then another customer showed up and the girl called for another cashier. The cashier was an old friend of mine Mrs.M. who I hadn't seen in a long time.

So I was like "Hi ---- how have things been?", she said "Patttttt It's so good to see you, I still owe you some money from some stuff I sold!" So she bought my soda for me and paid me $20. And I grabbed a rose off the counter, bought it and handed it to the other poor checkout girl, who was shocked and said "You looked like you needed one after a rough day" She smiled broadly, then I turned to Mrs. Behelzabub and said "You have a wonderful night maam!

Just like a mento's commercial!

Depends on my mood and the circumstances. And what I think will bother them the most. Also am I going to have to deal with them on a daily basis. I dont like bullies so in that case I would have spoken up too.

When I was younger I was a lot nicer. Now Im old and crabby. I love getting older. Im looking forward to being crabby and eccentric. Its great.

Last edited by Cecilia_Rose; 01-14-2009 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: Im already eccentric. I just need to work on being crabby. :D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships