U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2009, 07:55 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 48,338,485 times
Reputation: 6957

Advertisements

Sometimes I will do a cheerful laugh or a light giggle and notice rage or anger flash across the person's face especially in their eyes followed be a strong glare. Similar to this face http://www.digitalworldtokyo.com/ent...angry_face.jpg

What is that? and What is that about? Anybody ever encountered that. It is uncommon but I've seen it happen and it has always freaked me out. Usually people giggle or laugh along with me not get crazy.

Last edited by artsyguy; 01-14-2009 at 08:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:15 PM
 
13,779 posts, read 23,692,532 times
Reputation: 7404
Are you laughing at inappropriate times? I laugh when I am nervous and sometimes when people are hurt. This does not bode well with others who may not understand it is more about nerves than lack of concern
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 48,338,485 times
Reputation: 6957
No I've never laughed when somebody got hurt

I've laughed when I was nervous though or thought something was ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Are you laughing at inappropriate times? I laugh when I am nervous and sometimes when people are hurt. This does not bode well with others who may not understand it is more about nerves than lack of concern
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 PM
 
13,779 posts, read 23,692,532 times
Reputation: 7404
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
No I've never laughed when somebody got hurt

I've laughed when I was nervous though or thought something was ironic.
Ugh, I have...when my dad broke his nose at my house I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants...but the joke was on me because 3 hours later I broke my foot What a great Christmas that was
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:25 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 48,338,485 times
Reputation: 6957
That is the greatest story ever told

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Ugh, I have...when my dad broke his nose at my house I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants...but the joke was on me because 3 hours later I broke my foot What a great Christmas that was
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 PM
 
3,088 posts, read 7,772,978 times
Reputation: 2029
I always laugh when people get hurt. My teacher tripped and fell in the middle of class last semester and I just couldn't help it. Other people laughed too but they waited until she limped out of the room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 PM
 
13,779 posts, read 23,692,532 times
Reputation: 7404
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
That is the greatest story ever told
Yes, it's a family classic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:32 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 48,338,485 times
Reputation: 6957
One time my "plus sized" chemistry teacher was standing on a lab stool and fell off it, slammed into the desk and then rolled off onto the floor. He was on the floor moaning for like 10 minutes as everybody burst out into laughter ....Ive never heard such loud laughter in my life besides at a comedy club....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I always laugh when people get hurt. My teacher tripped and fell in the middle of class last semester and I just couldn't help it. Other people laughed too but they waited until she limped out of the room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Where the sun likes to shine!!
20,517 posts, read 26,323,001 times
Reputation: 88529
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Sometimes I will do a cheerful laugh or a light giggle and notice rage or anger flash across the person's face especially in their eyes followed be a strong glare. Similar to this face http://www.digitalworldtokyo.com/ent...angry_face.jpg

What is that? and What is that about? Anybody ever encountered that. It is uncommon but I've seen it happen and it has always freaked me out. Usually people giggle or laugh along with me not get crazy.
Maybe they think you are laughing "at" them? I haven't had that happen to me but I do laugh when people fall. I think it's hysterical. Coming from a klutz myself I find falling people extremely amusing. As long as they don't get hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:41 PM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,977 posts, read 29,589,044 times
Reputation: 10491
Inappropriate laughter will definitely make people angry. If your walking by a casket for final viewing at a funeral you shouldnt laugh when you look. If you see a little child's puppy run into the street and get smashed by a truck you should not laugh. If you see kid with tourettes and downs syndrome running down the street cursing and falling down, you should not laugh. I would get very very angry at anyone I see who laugh at these things. I mean gonna-kick-your-a$$ angry!!!

What were some of these specific instances where you laughed and people got angry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:21 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top