U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 PM

3,798 posts, read 6,146,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I guess there are varying degrees of compassion as well. I'll say for the record here on CD, I have little compassion for STINK.
Very true, I have less compassion for people with attitudes that stink, than for people who 'stink'.
But that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 01:26 PM

5,429 posts, read 12,640,976 times
Default Baked Pie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I had to go on a mandatory thing for school and I got stuck on the bus with a guy that had the must awful B.O. It was way worse then decaying flesh. When we had to get on the subway everyone in the subway car got up and moved to the next one.
Here is one that may top that...

In my college days, me and some friends left our fair city to another little town not far away, had a blast, the party was out of this world. Being from out of town, we had to sleep it out in the living room at this house, no big deal.

Come morning, we could not find one of our buddies, but we get a call a short time later, we had to pick him up a block, or two away. How the hell he got there, and with whom is still a mistery to this day, 'just know it was someone he thought was hot.

Anyway, we all had hangovers from hell, we drive to pick him up, he's by the curb, sitting. He has a big smile on his face, and we think 'great, he's got a great story to tell'. But he got in the car and I swear, he smelled like baked sex! (I use a different word) I literally gagged, and had to get out of the car, I was dry heaving. We pulled into a gas station and made him rinse his face, his hair and hands!

You know, CD always makes me remember things from my past... I could write a book!

Old 01-16-2009, 01:27 PM

3,657 posts, read 6,467,975 times
Leave an anonymous note on his desk

I used to work in an office on a floor where there where, at max, 5 guys that worked down there. Almost every day, in the bathroom stall, someone would leave a lot of newspaper strewn about the stall. It was gross.

Anyhow, one day, I had went to the restroom, and had left my water bottle in there. When I had left, the stall was clean. Less than 5 minutes later, I realized I had left it, and went to go get it. Someone was in the stall, and I heard a bunch of papers rustling.

I left, and kept an eye out on who would come out. To my surprise, it was the IT manager. I got one of the guys I worked with to go see it, sure enough, he had left a whole newspaper strewn about. We picked it up, and I went back to my desk. I typed up a note that read something like this.

Mr Rininger,

We know it was you that is leaving newspapers strewn about in the stall. If we see this happen again, we will report you to Human Resources, as well as your boss. Please have consideration for your coworkers that must share these facilities.

Thanks,
Guys on the 1st Floor

We put the note on top of the newspaper and left it on his keyboard

Suffice to say, he never did it again

Old 01-16-2009, 01:27 PM

42,837 posts, read 78,933,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I think the guy did have a problem and he knew it. He was always soaking in sweat it looked like he ran in the shower with his clothes on. When we stepped in the subway and he saw all of those people run into the next car it was obvious by his face he knew he was the reason.
Let's just knock wood not to be in their shoes...

Old people get certain unpleasant smell, too. It's part of aging...

Now, there definitely are people who smell simply because of bad hygiene. Iím sure Robert would be offended if he catches a whiff of my coffee or smoke, but so be it. I smell his stinking garlic and live with it, too.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:30 PM

36,999 posts, read 45,466,452 times
A supervisor (that's why they get paid the big bucks) should discuss the proplem with these people in a discreet way so that they can fix it.
In defense of the people who eat a lot of curry, I have noticed that that odor seems to come out through the pores. It is not as though one can shower it off.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:33 PM

42,837 posts, read 78,933,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
In defense of the people who eat a lot of curry, I have noticed that that odor seems to come out through the pores. It is not as though one can shower it off.
That's what I've heard, too. It's funny how PC everybody is and doesn't call a spade a spade...

Old 01-16-2009, 01:33 PM

3,798 posts, read 6,146,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I agree people should be compassionate of other people's putrid odors. Show kindheartedness and do what Jesus would do. Remember Jesus did not have deodorant and body spray.
Why ya gotta bring Jesus into the conversation

Old 01-16-2009, 01:35 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,346,015 times
Stop coddling and defending the people that reek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
A supervisor (that's why they get paid the big bucks) should discuss the proplem with these people in a discreet way so that they can fix it.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:36 PM

5,429 posts, read 12,640,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
i used to work at a place where a co worker farted all the time and he would lift his leg when he did it and he thought it was funny untill the supervisor was made aware of the fact and the guy told the supervisor he had health problems . well the supervisor told him to get a note from the dr stating this fact and guess what no note so they told him good bye and put on his personell file that it was due to several warnings of body odor and neglect on his part . I must admit i was glad to see him go . also have any of you worked around some one who had their wife bring their lunch to them and then go into the lunch room and change their babys dirty diaper there right on the lunch room table ? I previously worked at that place and I was mortified when she did that cause there was a ladys room she was just too damn lazy to use it and when we told her husband about it we were accused of making a big deal over it so some of us went to his direct supervisor and told her about it and she was like yuck !! I sure will do something about it . guess what we never saw her or her husband again he quit the next day and when he called the supervisor he told her that his wife made him quit cause we hated kids !! of all the nerve .
There was this woman at the office who was breast feeding her child, and at the office, she would always close her door so she could pump herself. Then when done, she'd go to the common lunch area and wash her bottles, and hardware out, splashing her milk all around the place, sometimes not even wiping it!

This did not really bother me per say, my wife breastfed all of our kids and I think it very natural, and even the pumping was not offensive to me, but my single co workers freaked out about it.

I guess that is lesser of an act than changing a dirty diaper on a table where you eat though, and no odor, at least that I was aware of.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:49 PM

15,564 posts, read 36,496,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Why so long? I thought it was next week, after the inauguration?
Because in the year 2012 we will all be flying around with jet packs strapped to our backs. A family vehicle will be a hovercraft and our sense of smell will be replaced by a small tube you shove into your nose that gives us all the smells we need to be happy. Those smells will be customizable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships