Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 11:04 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,629,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And how is that funny?

I'm LAUGHing Mucho, BRO...............................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 01:15 AM

440 posts, read 1,682,058 times
Don't you have apartment security? Call them! (if you do).

I had a neighbor who apparently had a son in his late 20's (winner! not.) who lived with them, his bedroom wall shared my bedroom wall, and also the head of my bed . He'd sleep all day, and start playing his damned guitar (awfully I might add) around 10:30pm. Then he'd get online and play what sounded like World of Warcraft (I don't play, but have friends who's boyfriends do... poor girls), while having his sub woofer going.

After banging on the walls for 2 weeks, I finally had enough of it, and went over at 4am and told him if he didn't knock it off, move the sub woofer, SOMETHING I was going to turn them into the apartment management and call the security guys or the cops.

That morning at 8am, he was up moving things around, and I never heard a peep out of him again.

Oh and artsy... this is for you :
best of craigslist : To the Minotaur that lives above me.

Quote:
To the Minotaur that lives above me.

Date: 2008-06-26, 10:36AM CDT

First off, I must say that I admire your courage. It must be hard living in the world today as a lady-beast. Society judges, oh lord do they ever.

With that said, let’s get down to business. Over the past year, we've had a funny sort of relationship, you and I. When I first moved into the place, it was rather peaceful. It was an exciting time in my life, as it was the first time I would be living by myself. Then came the day that I first heard it. What did I hear you ask? It was sound of your hooves galloping across the hardwood floors of your living room. At the time I thought, “No big deal, surely it can’t always be like this.” Oh was I wrong. It turned out that every time I was at home, you would be up there, stomping around, like the wild lady-beast that you are.

After a few weeks, I determined through a process of elimination, that you are in fact, a Minotaur. It only makes sense.

FACT. Minotaurs have hooves, and that’s sure as hell what it sounds like is hitting the floor when you gallop around.

FACT. A Minotaur posses great strength, the kind of strength that can be felt by a guy laying on his couch, trying to get into a good book. The kind of strength that shakes the dishes in his cupboards. The kind of strength that can wake a guy out of a dead sleep, EVERY FRICKIN MORNING. I didn’t even need to set an alarm clock to wake up in the morning. Instead I wake up to THUMP THUMP THUMP. THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. THUMP THUMP THUMP. I’m not a light sleeper by any means; I sleep right through the viscously loud police, fire truck, and ambulance sirens every night. I was lying there one morning, frustrated, counting the trips you took between your bedroom and your bathroom. 17. 17 god forsaken trips between the bedroom and the bathroom. Really? Are you kidding me? What could you possibly be doing?

FACT. Minotaurs are half bull. Bulls are aggressive when taunted. Apparently, the time I went upstairs, politely introduced myself, and asked you rather nicely to please quit stomping around, was a taunt. That’s when you got aggressive. You called the landlord and told him that I was complaining about your noise. When he told me about this, he said his response to your complaint was, “Quit making so much noise then.” Brilliant. Go Mr. Landlord! I tried keeping him out of this, but you felt it important to drag him into it.

After a few more weeks of you recklessly stomping around, I made another attempt at a civil confrontation. It failed. It failed because you stomped your way to the door, and you didn’t open it when you saw who was standing there. I know this because I heard your hooves clippity-clop their way to the door. Way to avoid confrontation.

To my surprise, the stomping ceased the next day, and I awoke to peace. “Amazing,” I thought, “It must be a midsummer miracle!!” A few days passed, and I ran into my landlord in the entry way. He mentioned that he received another angry phone call from you. Said that you felt threatened by my confrontations, said I scared you. Strange, since not once did I ever raise my voice or try to be anything but civil. He then mentioned that he told you to buy some slippers to wear around your apartment. Genius! It freakin worked!! Hell yea, Mr Landlord! High five!

Fast forward 11 months. The stomping has returned. No doubt in my mind the hooves have worn through the delicate fabrics of the slippers and are now, once again, banging against your hardwood floors.

Please, for the love of sweet baby jesus, run down to the local Target and purchase yourself another pair of hoof mufflers. I know you can run with those strong legs of yours, probably real fast like! Target downtown is all of 10 blocks away. Go Minotaur, go! Overcome the odds, society is watching! (and judging)

Old 01-28-2009, 02:25 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,330,045 times
I have what I think is a 120 year old neighbor above me and he sometimes is like doing aerobics or something. It's like a constant pounding on the loor. The wife is like: 'Oh just leave him alone, he's an old fart'. But that doesn't give him the right to be an annoying old fart, so I went upstairs and paid him a visit. After I made him an offer he couldn't refuse he stopped the stomping for good.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:45 AM

656 posts, read 2,742,081 times
I'm am so glad after so many years of living in an apartment
that I finally reside in a house
A small apartment has its advantages but at least I don't have
to put up up with crazy neighbors above me anymore
Feel for you artsy been there many, many times

Old 01-28-2009, 04:50 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
I lived in an apt. with people above me, that never slept!
All hours of the night, I would hear banging and stomping going on.
I finally moved, but I swore that if I ever had to live in an apt. again, I get the top one!

Old 01-28-2009, 04:57 AM

318 posts, read 820,548 times
lol this thread should be called Apartments Stories From Hell.
It sounds lke you may have a senior citizen living above you. You should go up and tell him that you'll designate a specific time, say from 3-5 for music practice and ask if he ever goes out so you can jam then too. Also if you play some type of electric instrument how about getting some headphones you can plug into the amp.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:58 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,099 times
I live in an apartment, its concrete (which is the key) hear very little from my neighbours, can turn music up loud and with the bass setting as it is (low as poss) I get few complaints. There were some but that was when the bass setting was different.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:53 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,165,636 times
Hopefully said person doesn't have kids that throw eggs from their window at the cars in the parking lot.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:39 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,850 times
Reminds me of a downstairs neighbor me and Kuharai had. Always complained about our fan, bringing the office into the situation numerous times. Never talking to us directly, other than leaving a note on Kuharai's car. He said our fan sounded like an industrial fan or some such.

Then he started slamming his doors so hard that it would shake our entire floor. Waking us up at 4 in the morning, and scaring the living daylights out of our daughter.

Kuharai went to talk to him to try to work something out, to no avail. Finally, she called the cops. Officer went to talk to the "kindly" elder gentleman, and had to ask him to turn off his air conditioner to hear the very faint noise of the fan. Didn't hear a peep from him since.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:02 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,508,278 times
My upstairs neighbor always coughs and it is a pneumonia influenza hacking coughing up sh*t style that I can CONSTANTLY hear. Plus he enjoys to **** off and moan as loud as pissing possible luckily that only lasts 30 seconds at the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships