Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 01:13 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times

Advertisements

Give her 3 or 4 years! She will be wishing she had her freedom back.
I would tell her that she hurt your feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 05:01 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Wedding was lovely. lol Now I pissed my other sister off...

Old 02-07-2009, 05:23 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
She's talked about being able to go out and party again after the baby is born..I distinctly remember her mentioning leaving the baby at her mom's house soon afterward and having an "Im not Pregnant anymore" party.

There's lots of us to babysit. She has one blood sister, a best friend, 2 cousins, her parents, and her husband's family. She doesnt really need me. Though Id imagine that if she abuses the privledge of having so many people that they'll quit helping so much..
I guess what she said just kind of hurt my feelings a bit.
MAJOR immaturity going on here. I feel for the baby.

Honestly, I don't think I'd say anything to her. Either she'll grow up over time or she won't. Sadly, this baby starts life with a too young mom - strike one - and parents marrying within the first year after birth - strike two. Odds have it they'll be divorced before the baby starts preschool. (It's the minority case when a marriage that takes place within a year of a birth survives)

You aren't going to talk any sense into her and she's likely to get hostile with her responses if you do. Chalk it up to immaturity and drop it. She needs to buy a clue but can't afford one yet. Maybe she'll get one in a few years.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:27 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
She sounds like Casey Anthony. We all know what happened to poor little Caley because mom wanted to go out partying.
Such a sad thing. Sadly, young mothers are the ones more likely to kill their children. Child abuse rates are much higher for young mothers than older mothers and murder is just child abuse taken to an extreme.

Poor little girl. Sadly, she's in a better place now. No one should ever say that about a child dying. Children should be in a good place with their parents.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:46 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times
I don't have children (by choice). And I have absolutely no regrets about that. For people who want children, they can be the greatest joy. But for people like me, who struggle to even LIKE children, it's an absolute no-brainer that I wouldn't have them.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not a child hater. It's just that really young kids (under age 6) annoy me, and then between age 6 and, about age 18, they bore me. Sorry..but it's the way I feel.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:43 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,020 times
She's barely pregnant and just married and working on emotion and hormone fluctuation...
leave her be and don't take what she's saying so personally.

Stop dooming the baby because her mom is young because no one knows whats going to happen after it's born. Stop saying that X will happen. She may surprise everyone and be the best mom.

When my daughter was pregnant all she could think about was what she would go do when she wasn't pregnant anymore...she has yet to do any of those things cause she is so madly in love with her son that she doesn't care about those things. My daughter is 25 and has a 1yr old and is raising her husbands kids by prior relationships(full custody)they are 4.5 and 13. She is an amazing mom and I could not be prouder.
My DIL did have a "not pregnant anymore" party and we babysat. Big deal. It's not as if you cannot go have fun when you have kids...sheesh.
if there were any issues or IF I had concerns my kids know I would approach them. However, these young mothers are doing fine. And my grandbabies are thriving.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:25 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
She's barely pregnant and just married and working on emotion and hormone fluctuation...
leave her be and don't take what she's saying so personally.

Stop dooming the baby because her mom is young because no one knows whats going to happen after it's born. Stop saying that X will happen. She may surprise everyone and be the best mom.

When my daughter was pregnant all she could think about was what she would go do when she wasn't pregnant anymore...she has yet to do any of those things cause she is so madly in love with her son that she doesn't care about those things. My daughter is 25 and has a 1yr old and is raising her husbands kids by prior relationships(full custody)they are 4.5 and 13. She is an amazing mom and I could not be prouder.
My DIL did have a "not pregnant anymore" party and we babysat. Big deal. It's not as if you cannot go have fun when you have kids...sheesh.
if there were any issues or IF I had concerns my kids know I would approach them. However, these young mothers are doing fine. And my grandbabies are thriving.

She's also 19. Big difference between a 25 year old and a 19 year old fresh out of high school.
Hence my worries.She'll probably be a great mama..doesnt stop me from worrying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships