U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 02:00 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,219,259 times

Advertisements

And you want this to be your life why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 02:02 PM

13,092 posts, read 13,637,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
So what you are all saying is I don't have to be mortified too much? I'd like to go do something this afternoon (to pass the time until I'm stood up tonight), but don't even want to walk out to my car.
Hold your head up high, walk with dignity, grace, and humor, it's your life and you have every right to enjoy every moment of it.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
So what you are all saying is I don't have to be mortified too much? I'd like to go do something this afternoon (to pass the time until I'm stood up tonight), but don't even want to walk out to my car.
My friend said she was moritifed to walk into class late in high school because everyone stared, so she always got to class on time and never walked in late.

Now this same friend has a teen-age daughter, and lo and behold her teen-age daughter says she loooooooooves the attention of walking in late and having everyone stare at her.

So mortification is in the eye of the beholder. You basically have a choice of whether you stay imprisoned in your house, or whether you get on with enjoying your day and enjoying your life.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:14 PM

4,247 posts, read 9,351,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
My friend said she was moritifed to walk into class late in high school because everyone stared, so she always got to class on time and never walked in late.

Now this same friend has a teen-age daughter, and lo and behold her teen-age daughter says she loooooooooves the attention of walking in late and having everyone stare at her.

So mortification is in the eye of the beholder. You basically have a choice of whether you stay imprisoned in your house, or whether you get on with enjoying your day and enjoying your life.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I care too much what other people think. We all make mistakes.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:28 PM

15,564 posts, read 36,469,748 times
If you're gonna stay holed up in your house, might I suggest you start collecting cats? You could become the crazy cat lady in the neighborhood! They'll forget about the screaming real fast if you have like 75 cats!

Old 02-14-2009, 02:30 PM

457 posts, read 628,935 times
Quote:

Old 02-14-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
If you're gonna stay holed up in your house, might I suggest you start collecting cats? You could become the crazy cat lady in the neighborhood! They'll forget about the screaming real fast if you have like 75 cats!
oh and the smell, too!

Old 02-14-2009, 04:05 PM

9,840 posts, read 20,086,063 times
If I can hear my neighbors fighting, I figure it won't be long till they move away. People who fight regularly and loudly also can't seem to pay their rent.

If it happens more than once, I call the police. The ambulance is required to show up if you say the magic words "domestic violence". Then you get a half an evening's free entertainment.

Awesome cure for obnoxious neighbors.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:30 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,764,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Those nosey neighbors need the crap beat out of them.
Then maybe they will let you fight in peace.
Don't work.You get throwed in Jail.Don't ask how I know this

hillman

Old 02-14-2009, 09:00 PM

7,005 posts, read 18,579,115 times
One day I thought my upstairs neighbors were fighting because I heard lots of yelling, cursing & screaming and slammin'. They were having sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships