U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:03 PM

9,390 posts, read 17,311,940 times

Advertisements

I've never been in any verbal fights like that, but one of my neighbors a couple houses down the street was. It was at a party a few blocks away. Husband and wife got into a screaming match; cops were called; he sped away in his car headed home; pulled into his garage; cops pulled in behind him. More cops came. Sirens were whaling and lights were flashing.

My wife and I ran outside to see what the heck was going on. Neighbor backed out of his garage, striking one of the cars and a cop who was standing next to it. We heard, "GET DOWN! GET DOWN! BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM!" Neighbor lay dead on the lawn across from his house.

I live in a quiet suburban neighborhood -- usually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 09:39 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,764,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
One day I thought my upstairs neighbors were fighting because I heard lots of yelling, cursing & screaming and slammin'. They were having sex.
Unlike my neighbors.I see flames flickering in all their windows.Go bang on the door,nothing.Kick the door in,there they are having sex on the floor,candles all around.

hillman

Old 02-14-2009, 11:03 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,311,468 times
I put in ear plugs

Old 02-15-2009, 02:04 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,741,438 times
You're already fighting like this with someone you recently started seeing? Wow, what's it going to be like in a year or more?

I call the cops on fighting neighbors. I don't know that someone's not being killed over there and I don't like being woke up at 1am or kept awake, or for little ones at my home to hear that.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:54 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,291,979 times
Well it might be funny the first hundred times but after 30 years the stress of yelling starts to wear down your physical health. I cannot recommend it.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:40 AM

3,395 posts, read 3,341,000 times
Oh lord, this was every night when I was growing up. My parents would get drunk and scream at each other. I grew up thinking it was normal to feel humiliated whenever I saw the neighbors. What made it worse was that we were close with almost everyone in the neighborhood.

And my parents were married for 48 years...go figure.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:05 AM

4,247 posts, read 9,351,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Oh lord, this was every night when I was growing up. My parents would get drunk and scream at each other. I grew up thinking it was normal to feel humiliated whenever I saw the neighbors. What made it worse was that we were close with almost everyone in the neighborhood.

And my parents were married for 48 years...go figure.
Wow, that must have been tough. I bet your neighbors liked years of that. I am still hiding in my house. I've been here over five years without incident. I am just hoping they think I hooked up with a psycho (which I did and he is no more).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships