U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:51 PM

4,116 posts, read 2,795,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
Have you been betrayed by a friend? Are you as easy to befriend as you once were? Are you stand-offish or just plain unintrested in new friends? I have had a couple of close/longtime friendships to end for one reason or the other. I find myself really reluctant to begin new friendships now. I have become a loner. Can you give me some stories pertaining to this matter?

I had a best friend for over 10yrs me and her did everything together, we knew everything about it each other, we told each other things no other person would ever know, we were inseperable.. Until she met this guy and he was jealous of our relationship and didn't want us to be friends anymore!!!!

He didn't want her to hang out with me because he didn't want her to go clubbing and meet anyone else, he didn't want us talking on the phone because he wasn't there to hear what we were saying to each other, even if he was around us both he still would be jealous if we laughed about something or walked away together for a minute. He was so insecure about his relationship wth her and made it seem like I was a bad person

He proceeded to put pictures he found of me on her computer all over Craiglist and made a disgusting ad about me, the pictures and put up my real name and all my phone numbers...... I cried for 2wks over that incident men were calling me left and right all hours of the day and night, waking me and my child up from our sleep and my daughter sometimes would be the one to answer the phone and they would talk dirty to her thinking she was me

My old friend didn't defend or protect me because she was afraid of losing him altogether so she choose him over me she said she couldn't stop him after she found out what he did because he did it behind her back. He did it so I won't speak to her ever again since he was now a part of her life and did what he did to me and it worked...... He won!!!

I never spoke to her again after that, I miss her terribly till this day but I know he is a horrible and sick individual and if she has a life with him now it's best we never be friend's again. I don't trust anyone and it's extremely hard for me to consider someone my friend but I rather protect myself then getting hurt again. And it wasn't even her personally but I felt she betrayed me and our trust and our friendship and he also was my friend because they were an item..so how could you do that to someone?

I know the feeling of being lonesome trust me it's not a good feeling but I thank god I have my kid and I have a boyfriend who loves me and if I don't have friend's it's really not ok because I wish I had a best friend again to go shopping with,to go clubbing with, to the beach or the gym with.

But since then I have learned that sometimes it's better to be alone then in bad company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 11:45 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,573,137 times
I was betrayed, for lack of a better term, by my best friend from ninth grade. We'd been best friends for twenty-three years. She was there for the birth of my youngest son. We raised our kids together. We considered each other family, sisters.

It's a very long story, but basically she changed as a person, and for the worse. It was something akin to a mid-life crisis I suppose.

She betrayed her children in a much worse way, so I feel more sorry for them than I do myself. The positive thing is, our children (my 2 and her 2 that grew up together) have been able to remain close (they are now 15/16 and 20/21).

It has been four years and it still hurts some. I think that now I just lower my expectations of people. I have a couple of long time friends that I am close to, I don't actively seek out new friends anymore really. I will socialize but it takes a very long time for me to call someone a "friend" and I mainly concern myself with my immediate family (spouse and kids).

Old 02-05-2013, 02:01 AM

Location: The back alleys of Hong Kong and sometimes Brussels, Belgium
242 posts, read 223,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
I have just unofficially ended a 2-3 yr friendship. I will still hang out w. her until she moves but she was never truly my friend, i was hers. I have a tenedency to be really nice, and users tend to find me a take all that I am willing to give.
Sounds like someone I knew the past 2 years. One of my co-workers is this girl you speak of, and I'm you as far as users always finding me. I don't trust anyone, and have learned to make people show me that they are willing to give the same as I am. Sorry to hear that we suffer from the same disorder man (people using us).

Old 02-05-2013, 07:56 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,784,758 times
When I was 15 I had a very good friend, we were very close to each other since the first day we met and I really liked this girl.

At the same time I was in love with a guy, as she was my friend sinally they 2 met each other, a few weeks later they were together and the started dating for a short time.
The story was quite short, and the following year she tried to talk to me and solve the problems... but again 15 days later she tried something with him again (this time he refused)

Nowadays we see each other in old friend meetings and the relationship is OK but not friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships