U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM

10,900 posts, read 23,170,895 times

Advertisements

people probably think I talk too much or not enough it depends on the person and what we have in common
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 05:34 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,471,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Most of the time when I become friends with someone they tell me they thought I was stuck up when they first met me. I tend to be on the shy and quiet side at first but once you get to know me I don't shut up so easily. Also, if I'm deep in thought I don't see or hear anyone, so I'm sure that doesn't help. So how do people think of you when they first meet you?
people hate me, but i don't care.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:40 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,150,738 times
What's strange, is that I write easily and I'm not shy at talking either (without being overly talkative), but nonetheless I don't attract/ am not attracted by most people,somehow I may lack social skills, but I'm not trying to develop them either.
But I know body language is important, and as I am tall and slightly limping since a few months, doesn't help either (scare of the boogeyman?)

Old 06-30-2009, 07:31 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,855,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
people hate me, but i don't care.
Why do you think they hate you? How do you know that? Me....I have no idea what people think!!! Don't really care because I'm pretty straightforward so either you like me or you don't, take it or leave it, but I'm pretty friendly and outgoing...so I guess they must like me...??

Old 06-30-2009, 08:23 AM

12,330 posts, read 13,567,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Most of the time when I become friends with someone they tell me they thought I was stuck up when they first met me. I tend to be on the shy and quiet side at first but once you get to know me I don't shut up so easily. Also, if I'm deep in thought I don't see or hear anyone, so I'm sure that doesn't help. So how do people think of you when they first meet you?
Very similar to you.

I am a quiet guy unless I choose to go out of my way to talk.

Most of the time I keep to myself.

When with others I like to show off my talent of making people laugh. Like this past weekend I went up to the ticket booth and asked the lady, "So...what are you in for? What did you do?" She laughed.

No one approaches me. I look mean or something. However, I can make the grumpiest people smile.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:46 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,390,716 times
People have told me that upon first meeting me they thought I was shy, stuck-up, weird, mean, gay, scary. :/ I tend to be quiet around people I don't know, and especially in places where there are a lot of people and apparently people got the wrong idea. And I've had a lot of people think I'm a lesbian just because of the way I dress sometimes, or because I wear combat boots.

It often annoys me how people jump to conclusions before even talking to me.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:06 PM

751 posts, read 1,457,362 times
I really could care less what peoples opinions are about me. I'm me and I'm not about to change just to fit in with the in-crowd so to speak.They either accept me for who I am and all my flaws or not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or