Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:41 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,365,696 times

Advertisements

One of my favorite things to do is tell the cashier at the grocery store to go ahead and ring my stuff up on the person in front of me's bill. I've gotten some great responses and its always been in fun, I had a cashier tell me last week that she was going to try it with some fillet mignon...lol
I met a couple this morning while jogging and talked off and on for 2 of the 5 miles on this beautiful trail that takes in a creek, a waterfall, a lake and a swamp. Its one of my favorite spots to run and I'll meet college age people right on up to these 4 old ladies that always walk together. Last night when I ran there it was cold and raining so I did it in a t shirt and hoodie and only saw one other person as insane as I am. This morning it was blue skies, turtles basking on a log and the people were back.
I'm not saying I'd want to be lifelong friends with everyone I meet but when I'm out I can't help but meet a lot of people. I was out running with my dog last week and this college girl I stumbled onto stretching in the grass told me about a trail I'd never been on and she was even nice enough to show me how to get to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 12:45 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,888,580 times
Sounds like a really great time. I'm glad to hear that people are very friendly in that area.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:50 PM

28,885 posts, read 30,198,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
One of my favorite things to do is tell the cashier at the grocery store to go ahead and ring my stuff up on the person in front of me's bill. I've gotten some great responses and its always been in fun, I had a cashier tell me last week that she was going to try it with some fillet mignon...lol
I met a couple this morning while jogging and talked off and on for 2 of the 5 miles on this beautiful trail that takes in a creek, a waterfall, a lake and a swamp. Its one of my favorite spots to run and I'll meet college age people right on up to these 4 old ladies that always walk together. Last night when I ran there it was cold and raining so I did it in a t shirt and hoodie and only saw one other person as insane as I am. This morning it was blue skies, turtles basking on a log and the people were back.
I'm not saying I'd want to be lifelong friends with everyone I meet but when I'm out I can't help but meet a lot of people. I was out running with my dog last week and this college girl I stumbled onto stretching in the grass told me about a trail I'd never been on and she was even nice enough to show me how to get to it.
Ohhhhh yes, love meeting people....and for the most part, people are really great...you just have to pull them out of their thoughts...
yes indeed, people are fantabulous!!!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 12:51 PM

36,287 posts, read 30,696,914 times
How ya doin Rmc.
Thats because you live in the beautiful state of Tennessee. I've met a lot of strangers on the trail. Sometime I even spend more time talking than riding. Actually it is amazing the people you meet way out in the woods. Not at all like in Deliverance.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:59 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,888,580 times
So there are not many people that are like the weird folks from deliverance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Ohhhhh yes, love meeting people....and for the most part, people are really great...you just have to pull them out of their thoughts...
yes indeed, people are fantabulous!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How ya doin Rmc.
Thats because you live in the beautiful state of Tennessee. I've met a lot of strangers on the trail. Sometime I even spend more time talking than riding. Actually it is amazing the people you meet way out in the woods. Not at all like in Deliverance.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Not too many. I have met a few tho.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:13 PM

28,885 posts, read 30,198,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
no, actually whenever I traveled, I'd meet the nicest people....
I mean really nice, accomodating and genuinally friendly...

although I did hear some really scary stuff about you....
just bustin ya....

Old 03-30-2009, 01:15 PM

657 posts, read 1,598,007 times
meeting people is indeed easy, you just have to be friendly and have a personality of your own to do it!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:20 PM

I havent traveled much but I think Wyoming has TN beat on friendliness. The DH and I drove out there once. I have never met so many helpful friendly people.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:23 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,285,770 times
paying for other peoples stuff you dont know in the grocery line is perceived by some as codependent behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships