U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-20-2010, 08:10 AM
 
26,354 posts, read 24,519,986 times
Reputation: 16022

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Because we're manly men and we do manly things. I just stepped on a cockroach. It's Miller time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sheesh, that's manly, you say? stepping on a cockroach or having a beer? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2010, 08:14 AM
 
26,354 posts, read 24,519,986 times
Reputation: 16022
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
The reason women are competing for men is due to the search for a PROVIDER AND PROTECTOR, which is a necessity in a patriarchal society. If women were in a society where they could live safely and obtain what they needed without a man, the competition would be less fierce
Sheeesh? are these priorities all wrong?

I've been living without a man for the past 10 years? My Choice!
I'm safe and protected and can provide for myself very well and.....I take care of myself...what in the world do you need a man for, to take care of you?

That is the wrong reason to latch onto someone, and exactly my point...if you need a provider and protector, I'd say it's time to go to counseling...and find out it's not attractive to be co-dependent...

that's as bad as the girl I work with whose sister told her she was going to have several femal children, so that when she gets older, they can take care of her? Sheeesh????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2010, 09:01 AM
 
Location: New Zealand and Australia
7,456 posts, read 11,543,504 times
Reputation: 7783
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

that's as bad as the girl I work with whose sister told her she was going to have several femal children, so that when she gets older, they can take care of her? Sheeesh????
Its funny how many people have that view. Relatives put it to me recently, so are you going to have children? I replied maybe not sure, they then said that exact thing.....If you don't who will look after you when you get old?.....I replied the government
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2010, 07:23 PM
 
805 posts, read 1,329,100 times
Reputation: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
So why don't so many men have this with each other?


Men are less emotional and more team-oriented. Less touchy feeling, not hypersensitive to slights (therefore, less whiny). Men see the whole picture, women see the details. Men look at the mechanics and logistics, women look at how it relates to her or if she relates to it.

There are women who are like men in that way, just not many.

Male bonding is about being a good sport and respect, not as intimate. Female bonding is more intimate, therefore a lot more soap-operatic.

Last edited by aqua0; 04-20-2010 at 07:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2010, 07:31 PM
 
805 posts, read 1,329,100 times
Reputation: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Because many women are very insecure and most of the secure ones start the Queen Bee phenomenon to get the insecure gals to flutter around them and let her lead. I think that's why the woman in my account felt the need to belittle me -- she knew dang well that I wasn't going to kowtow to her nonsense.

She first befriended ME and then she had second thoughts when it became clear that I have a mind of my own and march to my own drummer. So, she cruelly used my disability to put me down and cast me aside. Fine with me! But that's how many of these women operate. Mean to the core if it doesn't serve their interests. And because they can be incredibly vindictive, oftentimes other women won't cross them and set them straight.

I also believe that the unhealthy idea that a woman isn't a real woman unless she is married and has children contributes to the insecurity: This means she has to revolve her life around a man somehow to make that happen, and by believing this, she is BY DEFAULT, deficient and insufficient.

This feeling of deficiency is what drives women to being petty and backstabbing with each other (and also with men if they get in the firing line).

Many women are happiest on their wedding day or when their child is born, but my greatest achievement in my life has been coming to the conclusion that I AM WHOLE, COMPLETE, and ENOUGH.

If every woman knew that in her heart and lives it to the fullest, there wouldn't be any hate or bickering amongst females.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2010, 07:42 PM
 
805 posts, read 1,329,100 times
Reputation: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I don't know but I wish they would find a cure soon. I married a man with 4 sisters and one ***** of a mother. Never marry a man with that many women in his life.

Its really a shame because we could all get along well, we have similar interests but they don't like outsiders. Its like a mean girl high school click. It has caused issues in my marriage. I take the high road and don't always complain but that only gave the women the impression they could be more hurtful and they are very hurtful. When I finally told my husband what was going on, he blew his top. He is a straight forward kind of guy and he admitted he knew the women in his life were mean, he just didn't realize how bad they were. He doesnt get the catty behavior. He no longer speaks to his youngest sister as she was mostly the ring leader. sad.


I feel bad for you. What a drag to have a Mean Girls team for in-laws.

From all the posts, it looks like that there is a certain percentage of catty, mean, petty, and insecure females in the population that other women try to avoid. My advice to these other women who prefer men for friendship and company is that there are women just like you. They are none of those things. You could make friends with them.

As a female, I have both female and male friends, and I appreciate both types of friendships. My female friends truly understand me and know me. They give me tremendous support and insight. Girls/women who do without these special female friends are missing out!

Last edited by aqua0; 04-20-2010 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2010, 08:22 PM
 
805 posts, read 1,329,100 times
Reputation: 719
Also, why is it that some women act so different when a man (they like) is around? This gal and I were chatting and laughing, when this guy shows up, she completely ignores me, doesn't bother introducing him to me as a courtesy (not that I would be interested!), and just becomes a different person.

I'd like to be friends with her but I'm not sure now. I had experienced this before yrs ago, when a friend of mine and I went to an outdoor picnic concert. The entire time during the 3-hr concert she was flirting with some stranger who was sitting near us, and after the concert she and he wanted to go for dinner and I said I wanted to go home. Unfortunately, it was her car and she refused to drop me off and insisted I tag along (due to her guilt probably).

The dinner was a very unpleasant affair of watching 2 slobbering idiots all over each other. She finally took me home and they went ahead and had their one night stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2010, 08:56 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
3,313 posts, read 3,880,615 times
Reputation: 2571
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
From a male perspective, I seem to have noticed over the years that many, not all of course, girls/women are just not very nice to each other. Also I've heard females speak enviously about the easy rapport males have with each other. Why is this? Is it a competitive thing? Is it that men are more direct? Do most women grow out of it? We like to say that women are the gentler, nicer sex, but is it really true. Please help educate the father of a daughter.
I had three daugthers. It is just the way women are. As much as they deny it, they are very caty. I read a book entitled "Odd Girl Out" and it talks about how from a very ealry age they are very spiteful and to each other. Women do have their positives but this part is their negative part.

All I can say is that what I did is not to try to change my daughters nature. I simply addressed their behavior that was hurtful to other people and let them know not to be mean to other people. I did not addressed it as if I was attacking women or was some anti-women nut either. I actually used to read a lot women magazines to try to understand what they look for, how they tend to act, etc. My wife and my daughters thought it was funny I used to read women magazines and asked me why I read them and I told them I was married to one and had three daughters. I also told them reading about women gave me a better insight of how their minds work. No, I never attempted to understand women. I simply learned to dealt with their behavior. It helped me in the long run and also with interaction with women at work and other areas of my life.

You have a great day.
El Amigo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2010, 10:37 AM
 
Location: US, California - federalist
2,793 posts, read 3,207,321 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
Ditto. That's really what it's about, seeking male approval. A lot of women feel powerless in this society, and think the only way to get ahead is to ingratiate themselves with men. It's a survival tactic. The same way how during slavery times, you always had those slaves who would spy and rat out other slaves to Massa, hoping for that proverbial pat on the head.
It is my contention, that simply eliminating official poverty via the market friendly mechanism of unemployment compensation could solve that problem with sufficient socialism. Capitalism will never solve that problem for free.

We could be improving our morals by better securing, via socialism, the economic Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our posterity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2010, 05:41 AM
 
3 posts, read 5,204 times
Reputation: 14
I feel like this is sometimes devolving into a conversation about men being better. Men are definitely not better or worse. They are just different. Also men ARE definitely more violent, as most violent crime, is committed by men against women. Those are the stats. Women may be vicious and crazy, and yes, there are some violent women, but you definitely can't say they're more violent overall, that's just not true.

However, women, even though they commit less violent crime, can definitely be cruel. Women in groups are definitely cruel - even women that you wouldn't suspect are vicious can get very bitchy when they come together as a group to criticize another - usually a rebellious, different, or pretty woman. I've found that women that congregate in groups are best avoided. Also if you are a tomboy or not the most feminine woman like I am, you'll frequently get singled out and criticized. I've had "friends" criticize me for how I look, dress, act, for not being feminine enough, for being too feminine, for being too ugly, when I'm not too ugly for dating someone they want to date, and most of all for saying what I think (i get this a lot). However, in my experience there is no shortage of other, really cool women that also just don't give a crap about all this bull****, and I was lucky enough to be raised by one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top