U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-24-2010, 06:22 AM
 
3 posts, read 5,197 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

oh, also i disagree that women are mean to others because they are "insecure". In fact, I disagree that anyone is an ******* just because he/she is insecure. Sometimes women are just mean because that's who they are. Don't shower your daughter with praise so she won't be "insecure", so she won't be mean to others. The last thing you want to do is unknowingly raise a princess. Shower her with praise when she deserves it and love her because she deserves it, but don't assume that telling someone they're wonderful will make them less envious or competitive with others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2010, 08:49 AM
 
12,258 posts, read 13,486,040 times
Reputation: 14129
Wimmens is crazy.

What is hot to men...other women are calling her a scank or hoker *(spelled wrong on purpose)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2010, 09:07 AM
 
7,508 posts, read 3,712,332 times
Reputation: 3900
Why are girls/women so mean to each other? Because they always have something to say about the other person no matter how pretty or ugly they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 AM
 
Location: The Midst of Insanity
3,225 posts, read 6,281,732 times
Reputation: 3215
Yes, women can be absolutely awful to one another-but I will say that I've witnessed such behavior in men as well (though certainly to a lesser degree). And the greatest offenders of cattiness and two-facedness, in my experiences, have been gay men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2010, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Corydon, IN
3,684 posts, read 4,267,649 times
Reputation: 7524
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Yes, women can be absolutely awful to one another-but I will say that I've witnessed such behavior in men as well (though certainly to a lesser degree). And the greatest offenders of cattiness and two-facedness, in my experiences, have been gay men.



That's some food for thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2011, 11:13 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,457 times
Reputation: 11
Unhappy Speaking as a woman....women are mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
From a male perspective, I seem to have noticed over the years that many, not all of course, girls/women are just not very nice to each other. Also I've heard females speak enviously about the easy rapport males have with each other. Why is this? Is it a competitive thing? Is it that men are more direct? Do most women grow out of it? We like to say that women are the gentler, nicer sex, but is it really true. Please help educate the father of a daughter.
Women are mean. They undermine each other, gossip and compete. Men will have differences and air them and get over it. Women are vengeful and not forgiving. I would much rather have a male boss than a female one. Women are wicked. I know because I am one of them. We are like cats. Have a ton of patience in regards to timing to inflict the "punishment." If you happen to be attractive you'll suffer far more, something I have experienced. It's par for the course. Wish all of this wasn't true, but it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2011, 09:15 AM
 
Location: US, California - federalist
2,795 posts, read 3,196,560 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Why are girls/women so mean to each other? Because they always have something to say about the other person no matter how pretty or ugly they are.
It would be nice if true witness bearing could be used for goodness and not badness; as a moral and ethic that could be included in most gender studies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2011, 09:17 AM
 
Location: US, California - federalist
2,795 posts, read 3,196,560 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adina5 View Post
Women are mean. They undermine each other, gossip and compete. Men will have differences and air them and get over it. Women are vengeful and not forgiving. I would much rather have a male boss than a female one. Women are wicked. I know because I am one of them. We are like cats. Have a ton of patience in regards to timing to inflict the "punishment." If you happen to be attractive you'll suffer far more, something I have experienced. It's par for the course. Wish all of this wasn't true, but it is.
I think women would be much nicer if men could afford to have them just love us and just be with us; because we have enough money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2011, 11:24 AM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
3,307 posts, read 3,869,903 times
Reputation: 2538
Quote:
Originally Posted by tat400 View Post
I feel like this is sometimes devolving into a conversation about men being better. Men are definitely not better or worse. They are just different. Also men ARE definitely more violent, as most violent crime, is committed by men against women. Those are the stats. Women may be vicious and crazy, and yes, there are some violent women, but you definitely can't say they're more violent overall, that's just not true.

However, women, even though they commit less violent crime, can definitely be cruel. Women in groups are definitely cruel - even women that you wouldn't suspect are vicious can get very bitchy when they come together as a group to criticize another - usually a rebellious, different, or pretty woman. I've found that women that congregate in groups are best avoided. Also if you are a tomboy or not the most feminine woman like I am, you'll frequently get singled out and criticized. I've had "friends" criticize me for how I look, dress, act, for not being feminine enough, for being too feminine, for being too ugly, when I'm not too ugly for dating someone they want to date, and most of all for saying what I think (i get this a lot). However, in my experience there is no shortage of other, really cool women that also just don't give a crap about all this bull****, and I was lucky enough to be raised by one of them.
There is a book entitled "Odd Girl Out". It cites lot of examples of how from childhood women are so mean to each other.

Now, as far as the men being more violent, I will say this. Men may commit more violent acts than women but women are catching up. Women are more empowered now and do get drunk more often, get into drugs, commit more crimes, abuse their children, etc. than before. It is not rare that a violent act from a men was the instigation of a women on somebody else. There many stupid men that commit violent acts for women because if they do not they won't get what they want later, take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM
 
Location: US, California - federalist
2,795 posts, read 3,196,560 times
Reputation: 479
It usually only works up to a certain point with men; because a guy may have to consider the relative cost and its worth to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:46 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top